Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?

you can mount the control valve inside the battery box beside the battery. there is a hole already in the sheetmetal. i forgot what size thread screw i used. i crammed my fuse inside the hole(with all my airhorn crap) but got a pm from DBC about putting it under the left side cover. if you got the horn mount switch there is a hole in the frame you can use too.look between the rear rocker cover and seat.(you can barely see it >>>>>

Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Cycotic
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 Road Glide, I have absolutely no experience in mechanics nor electronics and I installed this myself with no problems. The only hassle I ran into was the location for the compressor on my bike was in front of the battery/under my tank. It was like putting a square peg into a round hole. I had to remove the bracket from the comressor and reassemble it while it was in this mouse hole of a space, it took me about an hour to get this thing in there and another 30 mins. to screw the 4 screws back on. Other than that, evverything was smooth. I opted to download the instruction manual from the Arnott website because it was in full color compared to the blotchy black & white manual that came with the shocks. I am a big time novice so I needed all the instructions I could get my hands on with big color pictures. The outcome was that it worked great, I installed the handlebar control switch for easy on the fly use. The performance of these shocks are awesome but it will be a little tight on the bumps (brand new,still need a little breaking in) but a small price to pay for the excellent performance increase, not to mention how cool it is to lower my bike almost 3 inches in the rear on demand then inflate them back to stock on the fly. Now for my question, and please answer this if possible. After I installed the shocks, I noticed when I pushed the bike in reverse, it was stiffer and harder to do. Does this break in after a while? Have you experienced this as well? Also, I too want to install the guage, is this complicated to do after everything is installed?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cycotic
After I installed the shocks, I noticed when I pushed the bike in reverse, it was stiffer and harder to do. Does this break in after a while? Have you experienced this as well?
could be that where ever you have the height set to has tightened the belt up a buddy of mine took off and was ripp'n on his bike dropped out with no pressure and it broke his belt.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Heathen
Tourer

Had bilstien set up for over a year,no problems,great ride. I run 12'' shock with 16'' wheel and have no clearance issues. Cool factor at bar is unreal. Get the guage/swich combo,mounts on left side under front of seat,makes adjustment on the fly easy.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
don juan
Advanced

Speaking of the belt is it necessary to slacken it a bit to allow for lowering?

don juan

Old 02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain
Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Haven't seen a post lately about the new Arnott Air Ride System. I see Arnott is selling just the shocks for $399 on their website and $698 for shocks and a/c. Thinking about buying the shocks and setting up my own a/c system for adjustment. I know a couple of guys have these on their bikes from this site, any more? And how are they riding? Are you happy with the ride? It's still winter here, but spring is just around the corner ( I wish!). I was gonna go with the Bleed & Feed setup, but the Arnotts come in at a better price. Anyone else?
Jerry
Here is my experience with Arnott Air 13" Bilstein System. Works well for me had 1500 miles on them works like a champ!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...tra-w-abs.html

Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master

The system that looks like a neat system is by Air Logic. Auto adjust to the load.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had mine for right at a year now and I absolutely love them. No bottoming out on the fender. good adjustability and a great ride (once you find the sweet spot) I believe it's one of my better bike investments so far.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Cycotic
Novice

Originally Posted by dmp
could be that where ever you have the height set to has tightened the belt up a buddy of mine took off and was ripp'n on his bike dropped out with no pressure and it broke his belt.
Hmm, that makes sense, something I will look into, may not be a problem once I found my sweet spot that I like. I dont plan on cruising with "0" pressure in the shocks though, maybe at a low speed down main street Daytona for the looks or when I park the bike I may dump out the air for looks but other than that, it will have normal pressure, I never beat on my hog, thats what crotch rockets are for, not Harley's

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 AM
spyder966
1st Gear
Default Harley Air Ride

Has any one put a wireless remote on their air ride system? If so where did you get it from and how does it work?

Quick Reply: Anyone using Arnott Air Ride yet?