Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Various Lowering/ suspension packages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:57 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default RE: Various Lowering/ suspension packages?

Ours, however Max (Traxxion Dynamics) makes an equally good set up. Max & Eric (GMD) use to work together when they were kids, learning as they grew.

We are partnered with GMD Computrack. GMD is a franchised race suspension shop. One of the GMD owners owns Race Tech. We manufacture in North Miami under the name of Stainless Marine. Stainless Marine has been around for over 35+ years & make Outboard Motor Brackets, Exhaust Systems, indicator systems, and underwater lighting. It is as larger manufacturing company primarly envolved in the Offshore Powerboat comunity, fishing, and new boat products. Many of the workers ride and most employees have been there since the 80's and a few from the beginning. Making cool stuff for our bikes and sharing is how this works. In Florida, bikes, boats, and women seem to go together. It beats out snow mobiles in my book.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
framer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

ORIGINAL: tatt2dave

i used the progreesive on my 08 street glide felt a little stiff, leaning towards race tech on 08 road glide
Ive heard that before with the Progressives. I'm gonna call Race Tech tomorrow.
Let us know what you find out

Old 01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Placed the order a few minutes ago for the .95KG Complete Front End Suspension Kit. It is designed to improve comfort and performance of the rod forks. It comes with Gold Valve cartridge fork emulators and high performance springs. It can be lowered 1" or 2". The kit has everything but fork oil This guy assurred me, as Bryan TTM has that this kit will have the bike sticking to road like no Harley I've ridden regardless of ride height. The only issue I ran into was picking the KG size. I told him I weigh 190 and ride 2 up 30% of the time with a 125lb passenger, and he first ordered a 1.0KG kit. After asking me if I preferred pure performance with a stiffer ride or good performance with a still softer ride he said he thought the .95KG kit was the way to go...so that's what I ordered. I hope I didn't go too soft. If I did he said he would swap out for the 1.0KG free of charge. Of course it would require pulling the forks again. Bryan....which did you go with on your SG???

Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
framer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed the order a few minutes ago for the .95KG Complete Front End Suspension Kit. It is designed to improve comfort and performance of the rod forks. It comes with Gold Valve cartridge fork emulators and high performance springs. It can be lowered 1" or 2". The kit has everything but fork oil This guy assurred me, as Bryan TTM has that this kit will have the bike sticking to road like no Harley I've ridden regardless of ride height. The only issue I ran into was picking the KG size. I told him I weigh 190 and ride 2 up 30% of the time with a 125lb passenger, and he first ordered a 1.0KG kit. After asking me if I preferred pure performance with a stiffer ride or good performance with a still softer ride he said he thought the .95KG kit was the way to go...so that's what I ordered. I hope I didn't go too soft. If I did he said he would swap out for the 1.0KG free of charge. Of course it would require pulling the forks again. Bryan....which did you go with on your SG???
Hell yeah!!! How much for the kit ? Do they have 'em sitting on the shelf or what kind of lead time did they say?

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: framer

Hell yeah!!! How much for the kit ? Do they have 'em sitting on the shelf or what kind of lead time did they say?
$285 shipped. They have them in stock. Mine shipped today. You need to call them to work out the right specs for your weight/two up riding style etc. 951-279-6655

Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i run and love the racetech....feels like the front end is glued to the road
+1....Mine isn't lowered though. I have the Race Tech Gold valves and .90 springs. I ride solo very close to 100% of the time.
I got the parts direct from RaceTech....about $270 a year ago.

CN