Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THUNDERMAX vs. TERMINAL VELOCITY II

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 AM
cnnesseth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THUNDERMAX vs. TERMINAL VELOCITY II

I have 99 electra glide with MM EFI which is stock and what to add pipes and engine mods down the road. I like the sound of the thundermax auto tune but was wondering if the terminal velocityII will perform just as good for less money. I want to go with something that will program itself without putting on dyno. I want to stay away from PCII. Advice Please!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 04:20 AM
jclaflin
Novice
Default RE: THUNDERMAX vs. TERMINAL VELOCITY II

I went with the Terry Componets on my 06 SG it performs well after the inital programming. I had it installed for $450 and it is the best money spent.

Josh

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 AM
mllkn6
Tourer

I went with the Tmax Auto-Tune on my Ultra, got it off Ebay for $599 shipping included, works great. Set it up and it has does it's thing since without me touching it, made a world of difference in the ride.
Also reworked my headers to true duels, added the SE AC, and reworked my stock mufflers by knocking out the baffles, sounds great too. I have a new set of Peacemaker mufflers to put on, but right now enjoying the sound of the reworked stock ones, I will probably change them out before the spring, just wanted to give it sometime to auto tune with these.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM
courterbag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the TMAT off ebay pretty cheap too, and it has been the best money I have spent on the bike to date. D&D 2 Fatcats with no map at the time and the guys at zippers pretty much made up a base map for me. A bit of tweaking and have not touched it since. I'm in the middle of a 103 upgrade as we speak and can't wait to do some tuning hen she is all back together, and have a buddy at a dealer that want to see the thing in action so bad is going to give up some free dyno time to see how well it really does. I'll post the number when we get her done so you all can check it out.