Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage bars on a RK Classic? *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:35 PM
mtb017
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heritage bars on a RK Classic?

I have an 08 Road Glide. I too thought about changing the bars to a heritage bar. I also thought about the 08 Police bikes and that they must be using bars compatible with ETC. I had my local dealer parts guy look up bars in the harley police book, but he couldn't (or didn't know how) to find the dimensions, to confirm that the 08 police bikes were using the heritage style bars as in the past. Sounds like you found the right answer. I'm just curious though if the part number of the bars you listed are in fact "heritage" style bars with ETC capablity. I looked at Chicago HD's sight and did find the part, however no description or picture is available there. Do you know the dimensions of the bar you speak of, height, rise, pullback, etc.? Id be interested in this set up for my Road Glide as well if it is in fact an 08 version of the heritage bar. Anyone with any knowledge of this, feel free to reply. I am hoping with only the jumper harness that everything else is a simple swap without cables.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mtb017
I made a call to Chicago H-D and asked them. They didn't know the dimensions because they don't stock the bar and obviously not a big seller to this point being a new bar/part #. But then I did a call back to the service manager I talked to earlier today and he did in fact say that they have had 2 08 police bikes come through the shop before they were sent out and said he noticed no difference in the bars from previous police bikes. He said if history holds true, that they are still being equipped with the Heritage bars. If it helps, I did get the part number for the 08 RKC stock barsand it is 55947-08, so it is a different part # from the bars put on the 08 police bikes (56902-08). I'm going to wait a few days and see if anyone chimes in with proof otherwise before I make the plunge. No big hurry here, it's rained every day for weeks and in fact just south of me in Vancouver, WA had a tornado touch down. Just to let anyone who cares know, WAranks 47th of the 50 states likely to have a tornado. It did some pretty good damage. Must be global warming!!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
rmartino55
Intermediate

I also have been looking at bars I have a 07 RKC on a earlier post somebody suggested RK highbars as a alternitive to the heritage bars anybody have a part #. I looked ar the HD web site and am confused.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

rmartino55
From another post......
I installed the Road King Chrome High Handlebars p/n 55954-00. They say they are for '96 - '01, but they worked fine on my '05 and several folks here have used them. No cable or wire changes. Fit perfect and look great.

Here is a link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Good luck!!

Mark

2005 FLHRCI
V&H Dresser Duals w/ Oval Slip-ons, Stage 1 SE AC,
PCIII, Sundowner Seat, & assorted Blingage!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Romee08RKC
Cruiser

Thanks for the update, I changed the seat to the sundowner on mine, problem is, since I put the seat on, weather has not allowed a ride.

I have written the part #'s down and will be watching to see how this works. When the wether in the NE allows me to ride again, (sometime in June) hopefully not that bad. I will no more how the new seat helps out.

Again, than for the leg work on this one, I know alot of other posts that have run into this problem, or have been waiting till the "aftermarket" caught up with the ETC,TBS aka fly by wire.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:28 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I have not done a side by side comparison but I either read, or was told, that the 08 RKC bars are higher than previous models. If this is true, the HD Road King Chrome High Bars may not help your situation.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

I just can't believe Harley can think the stock bars would be comfortable for anyone! They should be on a crotch rocket, cause that's how they make me feel.......... It's a racket....They build a bike about 90% comfortable and then wait for you to come and buy the other 10%, plus another several thousand in chrome that they don't add..........BUT MAKE!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

LINK

Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
alque
6th Gear

Beach Bars from07 RK Custom....Love um

Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

They build a bike about 90% comfortable and then wait for you to come and buy the other 10%, plus another several thousand in chrome that they don't add..........BUT MAKE!
Get used to it.

Quick Reply: Heritage bars on a RK Classic? *UPDATE*