Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage bars on a RK Classic? *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
doghog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Heritage bars on a RK Classic?

JonnyD,
I have the same problem you have. I'm 5'7" and fit fine on the bike except that I lean to far forward and I feel like I'm looking down. And my left elbow was in pain after an hour or so. So, I'm having the frontend lowered( the back has the smaller profile shocks already) and I decided to go with the Road King Hi- Handlebar not the Reach. I didn't like the Heritage bars either. The H-D parts book says that the Hi-Bars are only good up to an '01 but I've read that a lot here have used these on newer bikes. The hi bar is 2" narrower than the Reach and 1.5" more rise and almost 3 inches more in pullback. I can't wait to get my bike back and see how I sit in in. It took almost all summer to finally decide on this combo. Good luck, Dog

Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
corgi
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heritage bars worked for me. previously with the stock bars, my back was sore in about an hour. no more, problem solved.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I put a set of Reach bars on mine. I did have to use the harness extension kit but the wires do run inside the bars. They are much more comfortable than the beach bars I had, with my short arms anyway.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Trapskelly
Cruiser

Hey JonnyD,
You might look at these HD#55954-00.
After 3 different sets of bars I found these
to be right for my 03' RKC. Just the right pullback
to cruise in comfort, upright. 2 of my buds went to
these also. Tried the Heritage bars also, cuz that's where
I came from, not good.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trapskelly

Hey JonnyD,
You might look at these HD#55954-00.
After 3 different sets of bars I found these
to be right for my 03' RKC. Just the right pullback
to cruise in comfort, upright. 2 of my buds went to
these also. Tried the Heritage bars also, cuz that's where
I came from, not good.
Traps, are you running the stock seat? What's your height?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Corndog
Cruiser

Before messing with the bars, you might want to check your windshield height. I was getting neck and back pains after a long ride. The edge of my shield was right at eye level. I cut 2 inches off the shield and the pain went away. Apparently, I was unconsciously straining to look over and/or under the shield which caused the pain.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone changed out their 08 bars that required extending the wiring? Is this a do-able thing? After riding it for the first time, I would like to have them up 2 inches and back 2 inches. As for the windshield, CORNDOG, if I was to keep from leaning over on the bike I would be fine. Wild 1's has all bars available for the 08's but I'm wondering which would fit the RKC and give me what I'm looking for.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
rk1121
Advanced

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

I picked up my bike on Sat. and that's when I talked to him about it as I sat on it to see how they felt. Being 5'7" and arms unlike an ape, I feel like I am leaning forward to hold the bars. He then said they were a direct swap with no wiring mods needed. I sent out an email to Wild 1 and asked them if they had bars comparable to the design of the Heritage bars. I will post when I hear from them.
RK1121, what is the part number of the stock Heritage bars?
Stock Heritage Bars pn# 56623-99
Stock 08 RKC Bars pn# 56552

Chubby's makes GREAT bars but they don't have a copy of the Heritage bars. Heritage bars are great for the price, I love mine, but if I had the $$ I would go with Chubby's, IMHO.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys/gals,
I was just at my local dealer and did some asking around about bars for my 08 FLHRC. After asking the parts counter they came up with really nothing. So I got in my truck and proceeded to leave when I doubled back and thought I'd stop at the service dept. and ask them. I think I may have solved my problem as well as others in here. I told him I wanted bars that had more pull back and he said go with the bars they put on the police bikes, because they come with Heritage bars. So he looked up the bars in his parts books to make sure that the police bikes are also equipped with the fly-by-wire, they are.And they also sell a jumper harness for the wiring. So as it stands, we can do a bar change and all parts are available and no mods needed (except the wiring).
Part #'s for the parts are:
Bars = 56902-08
Wire = 70415-08
They don't show up on the H-D website, but are available from Chicago and Zanotti's.
Hope this helps!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a RK police bike that I just took Heritage bars off of and replaced with apes. PM me if interested in purchasing them.

Quick Reply: Heritage bars on a RK Classic? *UPDATE*