Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** What is the Best Seat for Tail Bone Pain Relief??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Ridsy87
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default And the winner is.......

Originally Posted by Ridsy87
Going to add my 2 cents here because this is a pain in the *** issue. Bought an Airhawk last year to help with numb butt. Airhawk didn't last long as it actually created tailbone pain. Bought Sundowner and this year have developed constant tailbone pain. I do find relief sitting on hard surfaces which initially made no sense to me however the more reading I do on the topic I'm starting to understand. Thinking about upcoming trip to Sturgis I was getting desperate so I shipped my seat to mean city cycles. Got double decker memory foam and the tailbone relief channel cut into it. Just got the seat back so cannot report on it yet but I am starting to worry that since hard surfaces give relief that double decker memory foam will not help. Leaving for Sturgis a week for today. I will report when I return. Keeping my fingers crossed that the mcc mods will be the ticket and I will not be returning on a Corbin seat which I think would be my next move for their firm seat.
Returned home today on a new Corbin seat however not because the MCC modification didn't help with tailbone pain. In fact the MCC mods helped greatly with tailbone pain (that's the good news). The bad news is that even after putting over 700 miles on the stock MCC modified seat there was absolutely no improvement for butt burn. Seat was just as uncomfortable as before mod. Now if cost is an issue and you are at your wits end for tailbone pain I would highly recommend getting the MCC mod. If cost isn't an issue I would highly recommend the Corbin dual tour. Road over 700 miles in last 2 days, absolutely no tailbone pain. Seat is very firm but I can feel it breaking in with every mile. Significantly more comfortable seat than stock and they look good too!

Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridsy87
Returned home today on a new Corbin seat however not because the MCC modification didn't help with tailbone pain. In fact the MCC mods helped greatly with tailbone pain (that's the good news). The bad news is that even after putting over 700 miles on the stock MCC modified seat there was absolutely no improvement for butt burn. Seat was just as uncomfortable as before mod. Now if cost is an issue and you are at your wits end for tailbone pain I would highly recommend getting the MCC mod. If cost isn't an issue I would highly recommend the Corbin dual tour. Road over 700 miles in last 2 days, absolutely no tailbone pain. Seat is very firm but I can feel it breaking in with every mile. Significantly more comfortable seat than stock and they look good too!
I recently got my stock EG seat back from MCC for the second time. The seat feels no better than it originally felt. Still have butt burn and pressure on the lower back and tail bone. I've given up on that seat. I'm looking into trying a Mustang Super Touring Model.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:18 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Six way adjustable electric seats in a Cadillac dose it, that being said, I get off the Bike
every 150 to 180 miles. I have had two Back Operations in the past, and getting off and
walking around is the way I get relief. That Just Me.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 AM
FLMARK
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hartco

I know this is an older thread, however I have the same problem with my 2014 Limited. So after about 45 minutes on the phone with Mark Hartco from Hartco seats, he is building me a seat. I will report back when it arrives. I like the fact that he says that he uses foam for your weight and your passengers weight as well as building the seat to your measurements.