Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** What is the Best Seat for Tail Bone Pain Relief??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ** What is the Best Seat for Tail Bone Pain Relief??

Another vote for Mean City Cycles - I'd last about 45 minutes on my stock seat before it hurt like crazy. Sent it to MCC and he lowered it and put in the proper scoop and now 500 mile days are a breeze!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:13 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beaded seat cover works for me.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:34 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Allen at Mean City is Top Notch on working wonder's for your stock seat! I was thinking about the extra 5" of seat wideness at the rider if your were going the new or different seat route

Old 01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

This might help

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/BF26BA623C824C55ACFE52DD1946168B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2008, 07:48 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

How do you size the seat to fit properly by height and weight? Just curious am interested in maybe doing my seat also and can you do anything for the wife's spot? Thanks!
ORIGINAL: BadX

All seats are differant and fit everybody differant. I can fix your seat to fit you and when I reshape the seat I change the angles of the seat to give better tail bone relief, add memory foam to it and you will have a all day seat. www.meancitycycles.com and yes I am a forum sponsor also

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_314/tt.htm
https://www.hdforums.com/m_761465/tm.htm

Old 01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
courterbag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the sundowner and did 900 miles over a weekend and felt great. IMO it looks a little large, so the MCC option might be the way to go.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
hobbes2
Cruiser

Hi tata455, I have been riding on a prev. broken tail bone for a lot of painfull years. About 2 years ago i got tired of buying and having seats modified that never worked. Well After a lot of wasted cash I went out and put down more cash on a mustang that got me maybe another 50 miles before the pain started. Man was I pissed. Went to wallmart and picked up an electric knife and some rivets. You can see where this is going. I did not like how high and forward the mustang put me so i took out some material and sanded it out with some 80 grit .Then in the tailbone area of the seat i dug out a tapered hole about 1 inch deep or more and acouple of inches wide and shaped like a teardrop facing forward to create an area of realief for the tailbone. smoothed it all back out , this takes some time because you see it all when you recover ,and repleced all the rivets. This is the only seat in all these years , and money , that I can truley say is an all day seat for me. I can easily ride 500 miles with no pain compared to 50 miles with unbearable pain. There was no substitute for removing the material in that area, should have done it years sooner. Hope this helped .

Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
elevenbravo
Intermediate

I am a big fan of Allen at Mean City. He can change your stock seat to fit exactly what you want. I love what he did for mine. I have a 07 FLHTCU, any more than 200 mi and my a$$ was numb. I love the modified seat and it looks totaly stock.

-eleven

Old 01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: rsofa

How do you size the seat to fit properly by height and weight? Just curious am interested in maybe doing my seat also and can you do anything for the wife's spot? Thanks!
ORIGINAL: BadX

All seats are differant and fit everybody differant. I can fix your seat to fit you and when I reshape the seat I change the angles of the seat to give better tail bone relief, add memory foam to it and you will have a all day seat. www.meancitycycles.com and yes I am a forum sponsor also

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_314/tt.htm
https://www.hdforums.com/m_761465/tm.htm

It's kind of hard to explain, a lot of it comes frompersonal experiance and upholstering 21 years helps.Alsoa lot comes from input from the customer and getting the sitting area shaped correctly for him or her. Knowing the weight of the person lets me know if they need more foam or if the stock foam will suffice. Knowing the height lets me know if they need to move back or forward and again a lot of this is all tied in with what the customer wants and request.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
nujohn
Tourer

6,3' 260lbs sundowner deep touring and a adjustable back rest. The back rest on the long huals are the way to go. Took away my lower back problems Good Luck

Quick Reply: ** What is the Best Seat for Tail Bone Pain Relief??