Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D 2 in 1 vs Vance Hines 2 in 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Modee1245
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D 2 in 1 vs Vance Hines 2 in 1

I am thinking of changing my pipes from the SEII to some 2 in 1s.

I was in the Harley Store to get prices and was told that the D&Ds were better than the vance pipe. D&D is supposed to give more power and torque about 25%.

Question: If you have either pipe can you tell me if you noticed a difference in the power/torque.

2. Did you have to reject you carb (I have Screamin Eagle jet kit) and/or did you install them yourself.

3. Which pipe would you recommend.

Thank you..

Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
drangon_rider
Stage I
Default RE: D&D 2 in 1 vs Vance Hines 2 in 1

I have actually had both pipes. I had the VH on my 98 fatboy and loved it good sound and pretty easy install. The D&D are on my 07 SG and think they are a better pipe, can't tell you the differences on the same bike though. D&D sound great and the quality is just awesome! The SG seemed to have really "woke up" after the pipes and air cleaner (I'm sure retuning the T-max had a lot to do with that though). So I guess what I am trying to say is if were up to me I would go with the D&D again over the VH pipe. JMHO. As for the re-jetting... I may be off, but you are probably at least going to be close on the carb - maybe some tweaking get it just right Good Luck!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
FastUltra
Advanced

I was facing the same decision this time last year! After checking out as many pipes as I could (There is a lot of 2-1 pipes on the market!) I chose the Supertrapp Supermeg because it is tunable to the bike! My 2nd choice was the Rinehart! You need to get out and listen to as many different pipes as possible then pick yours based on personal choice!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
courterbag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I had done that reply using my friends account.... So if you need anything just email or PM me.

I have actually had both pipes. I had the VH on my 98 fatboy and loved it good sound and pretty easy install. The D&D are on my 07 SG and think they are a better pipe, can't tell you the differences on the same bike though. D&D sound great and the quality is just awesome! The SG seemed to have really "woke up" after the pipes and air cleaner (I'm sure retuning the T-max had a lot to do with that though). So I guess what I am trying to say is if were up to me I would go with the D&D again over the VH pipe. JMHO. As for the re-jetting... I may be off, but you are probably at least going to be close on the carb - maybe some tweaking get it just right Good Luck!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:28 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my share of exhausts...........9 to be exact..................and you'll be hard pressed to find a better all-around exhaust then the Fatcat 2-1. The build quality is great, the performance is great, and the sound is great. It is a tuned system with stepped equal length header pipes and has proven itself as a top performer.

Check around the online shops.........it's available for $530 on eBay.

Steve

Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
courterbag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed! Believe it or not I actually picked mine (the D&D) up at a local dealer (Davis HD in Burlington, NC) for under $500. May have been there awhile I'm not sure but I could not pass it up