Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG Rear fascia/rk custom...DONE...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
mopar7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SG Rear fascia on a rk custom...help...

I replaced my ultra fender with a SG. I used the tour pak harness.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45252/68B6DFE4C768468CB1CAB4C6B1ABACD8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Mopar: Using the TP wiring harness for the LED light is the Street Glide set-up and works with the connector supplied with the LED harness. However, doing so means the TP harness is not available for a lighted TP (e.g. Ultra light bar or spoiler/LED). Using the connector from the fender tip lamp and plugging into the tailight socket preserves the TP connector for the TP.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah hell, I typed up and the damn thing locked up on me. OK, so I didn't do anything on the bike today, but will call the dealer tomorrow and see if they have PN 73191-96 (3 wire leads?) and PN 73153-96BK (connector) in stock, and will button it up, and post pics, of course. I did find a connector in front of the battery, listed as B+ coneector [160], but there is no way it will plug in to the tri bar LED light. Is that the connectot you guys were talking about? I have no other connector on the left side, or under the side cover... that I can find...

Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Travis:EDIT: I provided incorrect information when I said all touring bikes have the TP wiring harness--Road King's don't--at least according to my '05 HD SM wiring diagrams. I apologize for any inconvenience, Travis, for your looking for something that isn't there. I misread the sheets in the Appendix. MY BAD; VERY, VERY BAD.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I found a connector that has ten holes, is black, with a green band (probally a water gasket)... is that what you are talking about?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Travis: Every touring bike has that TP wiring harness and often it is very hard to see because it is covered with a black plastic sleeve to protect the wires, then it is often folded over itself with the connector tucked between the conduit/frame/and other harnesses--in essence, it's buried in a bundle and zipped tied.

Pull the side cover and the seat and check every wire bundle on the left side of the bike--it's there.
I also have an 05 Road King Custom and it does NOT have the TP wiring harness. This was deleted from RKs somewhere in 2005/2006. I even had my mechanic look for it and he could not find it either. I ended up just wiring my Pak directly so the running lights worked. Sorry didn't mean to highjack but Travis bike is similar to mine and may not have that harness depending on manufacturing dates.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I have an '05... bigdaddy, did you put on a SG rear fascia?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

No, but I put on a tour pak and running lights and I know I do not have any wiring for the TP behind either of the side covers.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

Thanks bigdaddy... guess I will have to cut the end off the tri bar LED, and splice it into the connector... I sure hope I can figure the damn thing out...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

TRAVIS, I apologize again for my mistaken reading of the wiring diagram--there is no TP wiring harness on Road Kings according to my '04 HD SM--and for the inconvenience caused to you by my mistake.

The ten place connector you found is the cruise controlconnector that plugs into the HD cruise control module for models with cruise control or touring bikes adding cruise control.

Quick Reply: SG Rear fascia/rk custom...DONE...