Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KLOCK WERKS STREET GLIDE MAKEOVER

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: KLOCK WERKS STREET GLIDE MAKEOVER

Joe,

Greg has taken care of my prob but I'm not sure he got the website & your vendor, Drag Specialties, updated. I ordered your console for the FLHX and to be certain I ordered the right one, I checked out your website. According to your website, at the time I ordered mine, the FLHX takes the short console. This is incorrect, it takes the long model. I'm going to have to weld up the screw hole and make a bracket for the rear to hold it down. I'm a bit **** about that damn exposed screw! LOL! That's my personal preference though, the part as it is is awesome! Grade A quality!

Next small issue...I have the WFB extended rear fender with frenched plate. This thing is top notch for quality, but did you know...it's missing 1 hole in the stamping? The seat tab only has one hole stamped in it. This isn't really a problem for me, just thought you might want to know.

I'm going through lighting issues right now, how do I want to mount it. I bought the Arlen Ness setup with the turn signals off to the sides. Unfortunately, the light isn't curved so I've got to fab a shadow box for it. I like the lights you guys have on the bike on this thread. There is nothing on your website about that setup. Can you PM me a price for the brake light & 4 turn signal lights?

Also, you guys need to get on the extended saddlebag/fender filler strip. The extended one that you list on your site is still not long enough for the extended WFB fender, per Greg.

Keep the AWESOME products coming!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:35 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense, but I like the way my SG looks with the few mods. I guess thats why we have so many choices for our bikes.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Nice transformation.

When and if you get a chance I'd like to see a picture of the 12" RG windshield mounted. I have a 8" black on the way but was second guessing myself if I should have gotten the 12". A 10" would be nice!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
speedglide
Tourer
Default RE: STREET GLIDE MAKEOVER

Funny you should post here today!! Can I assume we are talking to Brian??? There's a thread right now that I started asking some questions about your windshields for the road glides. Like aboogyman requested, we would really like some more pics of the 12". Equally as important, how does the 8" and 12" compare to say a stock 14" in wind on the rider. I'm after the lowest possible, but have no problem going with the 12" if the 8" doesn't cut it. I'm 5'11". Honesty here please!! LOL!
Thanks!!!
Jason

ORIGINAL: KustomBaggers.com

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

Very cool! Which brand and model wheels are those and who makes the windshield? What size is it? How does it function?
Thank You,

The wheels are CzarEclipse seriesfrom RC components. We make the windshield. It is our new 8" flare windshield for the batwing fairings. Works well, it is based off our landspeed racer's windshield which we developed in a wind tunel. Currently we only have ones for roadglide fairings in stock. The batwing style should be available soon.

Peace
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one sweet looking scoot Joe! Hey man I put my double back header on and holy crapp man!! Love it. I'm having my SERT installed tomorrow and I'll send you some better pics. These guys are top notch if you ask me. Great stuff!

[IMG]local://upfiles/33723/785E73A347BF494F9FFA6EB217789B7F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: meyergsr

Looks sweet. Does the 180 kit use chain drive?
No we went to great lengths to make sure our kit used a belt in the stock frame and swing arm with no primary offset or special inner primary. It uses the 1" bagger belt.

If you wish to use a chain you could.

Thanks
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser

[/quote]

I'm looking seriously at the Czar wheels, but those don't look like the Eclipse series, unless the lighting is off. The Eclipse have the powder coating contrast. Regarding the windshield...I want one! Let me know when they are available and I'll buy one that day.
[/quote]

You are correct these are not the contrast version, they are chrome.
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, I like the Fairing on the Gold Road King, nice drag look. Will those be available? and will it fit a 96 RK? Is it for looks only or does it actually reduce thewind?
Thanks

Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BadPiggy

Joe,

Greg has taken care of my prob but I'm not sure he got the website & your vendor, Drag Specialties, updated. I ordered your console for the FLHX and to be certain I ordered the right one, I checked out your website. According to your website, at the time I ordered mine, the FLHX takes the short console. This is incorrect, it takes the long model. I'm going to have to weld up the screw hole and make a bracket for the rear to hold it down. I'm a bit **** about that damn exposed screw! LOL! That's my personal preference though, the part as it is is awesome! Grade A quality!

True enough, the true issue is purchasing a dash to match your seat really. Any dash can fit any bagger tank (minus the 08, it is a bit different) the different lengths are for different seat types, which the website trys to explain. But I do understand your point.
As far as you dash modification, The world of custom revolves around modifying parts to fit your taste, kudos to you.

Next small issue...I have the WFB extended rear fender with frenched plate. This thing is top notch for quality, but did you know...it's missing 1 hole in the stamping? The seat tab only has one hole stamped in it. This isn't really a problem for me, just thought you might want to know.

Very observant.
I am aware of the hole you speak of. In most cases it is un necessary. We only wanted the hole that the wire harness comes though. The pair of holes are necessary if you run the Ultra Classic passenger grab rail. Other than that not really needed.

I'm going through lighting issues right now, how do I want to mount it. I bought the Arlen Ness setup with the turn signals off to the sides. Unfortunately, the light isn't curved so I've got to fab a shadow box for it. I like the lights you guys have on the bike on this thread. There is nothing on your website about that setup. Can you PM me a price for the brake light & 4 turn signal lights?

The tail light is from the HotRod and Roadster market. It is a quality part, I need to check price for you.The signal lights we do manufacture. Available here http://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=67

Also, you guys need to get on the extended saddlebag/fender filler strip. The extended one that you list on your site is still not long enough for the extended WFB fender, per Greg.

I'd love for them to be an off the shelf part. However we have found them to be a bit fickle when installed by customers of other shops. They need a bit of extra attention. They are pretty long and if not installed correctly with adequate support they can vibrate. It is not that they don't work or that we cannot make them. Wehave chosento only make them as needed on in house projects at this time to eliminate frustrated customers.

Keep the AWESOME products coming!

Thank you for your support.
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
KustomBaggers.com
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: IdaSpudSG

No offense, but I like the way my SG looks with the few mods. I guess thats why we have so many choices for our bikes.
You are correct, freedom of choice is a great thing.
Joe

Quick Reply: KLOCK WERKS STREET GLIDE MAKEOVER