Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD custom colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD custom colors

Was at the dealer today buying that chrome trim piece that goes between the fairing and the windshield ($40 what a joke but I paid up) and I was looking at this black Fatboy with red graphics. I looked closer and the black was actually a beautiful candy red with probably a bunch of coats of clear black on it. It was the best looking color Ive ever seen on a factory ride. I asked one of the salesmen what the name of the color was and he looked and looked again, he told me he thought it was black but uponfurther review... Anyway, the color is called Red Dawn and it is nice! I dont really dig the graphix but man that was a nice color. Now why doesnt HD just make a few dressers that color instead of those olive green ones?

The following users liked this post:
Mario Cyr (01-31-2021)
Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HD custom colors

Because they want to make sure you spend the extra $$$$ for there limited edition paint kits... It's all about the $$$$$

Old 01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
courterbag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD custom colors

I too have seen that up close and that is one of my favorites to come from the MOCO to date - very nice!

Old 01-31-2021, 10:44 AM
Mario Cyr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Dawn

Red Dawn Fatboy, 2011

Old 01-31-2021, 04:56 PM
Mario Cyr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Dawn

Originally Posted by IamZardoz
Was at the dealer today buying that chrome trim piece that goes between the fairing and the windshield ($40 what a joke but I paid up) and I was looking at this black Fatboy with red graphics. I looked closer and the black was actually a beautiful candy red with probably a bunch of coats of clear black on it. It was the best looking color Ive ever seen on a factory ride. I asked one of the salesmen what the name of the color was and he looked and looked again, he told me he thought it was black but uponfurther review... Anyway, the color is called Red Dawn and it is nice! I dont really dig the graphix but man that was a nice color. Now why doesnt HD just make a few dressers that color instead of those olive green ones?
just sent a few pictures of my FB. Cam't see the red glitter but the color's there...

Old 01-31-2021, 06:35 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Old 01-31-2021, 07:41 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 769 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_Pappy
Because they want to make sure you spend the extra $$$$ for there limited edition paint kits... It's all about the $$$$$
There are probably many like me who already have a Harley and can wait until there is a color I like before buying a new bike. I have been waiting 3 years so far. I have my money, Harley has some pretty "blah" colors this year. I predict a slow sales year. The bean counters might blame the virus, I blame the color choices AND the factory blacked out market being about saturated. There will always be a few people with more money than sense who will pay for the custom paint jobs, but I wonder if Harley can survive on just those sales.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:35 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 297 Likes on 178 Posts

I would not wait 3 years for a paint I liked...I would buy the bike and have the pieces painted in a color I wanted!