Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Install on RK

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:58 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fairing Install on RK

I Don't have the $$ to get a SG, looking at putting a HD fairing on my '02 RK. I have checked the Dragonfly, Dead Center, Firebagger etc. They all sit different than the EG, Ultra, SG stock fairing. Plus I don't care about removing it. What I want to know is can it fir with RK speedo and do I need to remove RK Nacelle?
Buzz

[IMG]local://upfiles/29006/CECF41321ACD4CB7AA2672CF3BD8E36B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fairing Install on RK

Ivan

The short answer is yes. If you afix a EG fairing to your road king you will have to remove your headlight narcle.

I,m awaiting shipment of a modified EG fairing that a guy used on his 03 Road King. He is sending detailed instructions , but said it will take me about 2 hours to install it.

Here are a couple of pictures of what he did to it for modifications. PM me and I will give you any details on my install when I begin in a couple of weeks

Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
greg64
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No you don't have to remove your nacelle or anything elseall the fairings are a direct bold on.
If you have no intension on removing the fairing check ebay and purchase an inner and outter HD fairing. It's much cheeper then the aftermarket versions.
I use the Dragonfly nice product.

Nice colours on your bike.

Hope this answers your questions if not do a search on the site.

Greg

Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you considered this http://www.hoppeindustries.com/ click on products/ then HD
They have one for the Road king

Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen anything like you are looking for, but there have been a few that have put on after market fairings, maybe they'll post up?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain

Thanks CTmedic, I saw the post where you got your off Road King Riders Forum, and emailed Texas about it. I have checked the Hoppes and other detachables but they just don't seem to look as good as the OEM. Definitely pm or email me when you install it. My email is in my profile.

Thanks all for the input all of you guys, 'preciate it.

Greg64, I just got the bike painted last summer, used orange with metal flake in it, I'm no perfushnul pikur takur, looks awesome in the sun!

Buzz

Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: RK Ivan

I Don't have the $$ to get a SG, looking at putting a HD fairing on my '02 RK. I have checked the Dragonfly, Dead Center, Firebagger etc. They all sit different than the EG, Ultra, SG stock fairing. Plus I don't care about removing it. What I want to know is can it fir with RK speedo and do I need to remove RK Nacelle?
Buzz

[IMG]local://upfiles/29006/CECF41321ACD4CB7AA2672CF3BD8E36B.jpg[/IMG]
The photo below shows my '05 Road King on the left with a Quadzilla Fairing and and my '07 Ultra on the right. While they are not the exact same dimensions there is no visible difference between them. The same goes for Dead Center and Dragonfly.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain

Maybe it is the handlebars on the RK, it always looks like they are below the batwings. When I sit behind an Ultra vs. detatchable I always feel like the fairing is farther forward, and higher up. I guess it is just me. Plus I do like having the guages although I am imagining the wire harness is a bitch.

Thanks for the pics Fast Eddie, sorry about your Fatboy, hope the find the bandit and give em a wood shampoo like we did on the old days...
Buzz