Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Headlight

I was thinking about putting the Harley HID Headlight in my Glide. My question is for those that have done this was it worth the money? I know my wife has the HID headlights in her Lexus and they ROCK! Thanks in advance for any help. Also I noticed that there are two available one for the glides and ones for the kings what is the difference?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
Default RE: HID Headlight

yeah what Bigstick said plus I'd like to know about the current draw on these bad boys... any modifications need to be done for that aspect of it?

todd

Old 01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 101 Posts

EXPENSIVE. Too much for me to spend on headlight.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

I have just the dual beam w/o the HID option. It was about $500 less and this throws out the same light. Get your self silverstars and the dual beam and call it a day. The HID would be nice for looks but function is just about as good with the halogen bulb and the dual beam headlight.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser

Robbie52- Obviously you don't have one....
07BlkCherryFLHX- Have you compared yours to an HID? Also you say yours was about $500 less well then that means you paid $24.95 for yours then? Yeah right... Seriously they list for $525 but you can get them for around $400
Again I am not looking for peoples thoughts on the price cause each person gets out of their dollar what they want. I am looking for those that OWN one and their thoughts. I saw one last year and it looked awesome. No one can argue saying that a Halogen is brighter than HID I have vehicles with both and I will someday do an HID conversion on my Silverado.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this out before you make any decisions.

http://motorcyclemetal.com/gpage7.html

Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the HD HID headlight on my Road King along with the HD custom passing lamps. The visability is greatly improved over stock and it allows you to see both sides of the road, past the ditches or sidewalksandfar in front of you. When I am riding 2nd in formation, the 1st riderhas improved visabilitybecausethe HID Headlighteasily overpowers their bike's headlights. Every so often an oncoming vehicle will flash me thinking that I have my high beams on when I don't...that can be annoying. If you have the extra $$$ and want to be a lot safer at night I would highly recommend them. I am lucky enough to have a few bikes and when I know that I am going to be riding at night I always take the Road King because of the increased vision from the HID headlights. Money well spent in my opinion.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

I have been following light threads for awhile and honestly know next to nothing about comparing them. I need glasses but have been thinking also about brighter/better hi/lows.

got this from lighting section on forum,is this what you all are talking about,,any improvement for an 07'?:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * ** * ** * * ***
A good alternative to the stock bulb is the "Xenon BriteLite" from the NAPA parts store for a headlight that is much brighter than stock. NAPA will probably have to order it for you (part number BP1260/H4BL), but it is a direct replacement for the stock H-4 bulb.

^^ ^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^
mike

Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
tcfamy
Cruiser

I have the HID light and wouldn't have it any other way. All those Xenon andthe silverstars are an improvement over halogens. But the HIDs are like stereo over mono (sorry - dating myself). They use only 35 watts and throw a much more focused beam. They have to be aimed properly and the HD unit is tough to get right on with both beams. With my eyes in a side by side comparison, they were well worth the expense, especially if you do a reasonable amount of time night riding.

Tom

Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been happy with my Silverstars. $40 a bulb.

Quick Reply: HID Headlight