Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:02 AM
bunt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Headlight

I recently installed Xenon Dual bulb H9 kit on my 08 CVO Ultra, work well, I think the low beam is better than the high due to stock reflectors not so great design, cost about $300 for the kit.
Just found this:
http://www.xenonlink.com/product_inf...roducts_id=163
basically the same, a lot less expensive and ballast and ignighter are in same housing (less space taken up inside fairing housing).
Replacement bulbs are $20 a piece.
Install was very simple.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

The reason why your beam is not as good as it should be is because you have no way (equipment on light bulb) to focus and convert your light onto your existing lens.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I do not believe your equipment was made for a motorcycle so that is why it is not working as well as it should. Try and do your resarch to correct this problem for a much better driving experience. Hope this helps. Without seeing it myself it is hard to say so you may post a photo.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
FEAR
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the harley one plug and play? ease of install is very important to me

Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

As said before to you, yes but we can do it together in Davie so there is no problems.&nbsp\\; You will have the satisfaction of you doing it correctly so you may post your accomplishments with photos yourself. You are just around the corner from me and I have a refrigerator w/cold beer, every possible tool needed short of brain surgery (but I am willing to give that a shot with the right manual). Facility is A/C but it is a BYO hooker affair.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Ninekiller
Intermediate

I've got the HID lamp on my 08 Ultra.&nbsp\\; Love it.&nbsp\\; I was getting to the point where I didn't want to ride at night because of my deteriorating night vision.&nbsp\\; No problems now.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
JustLoafin
Cruiser

Stuff to remember about HID's are they are brighter, draw less power and last longer.&nbsp\\; All bonuses IMHO!!!&nbsp\\; As I get older I find I too need more light at night.&nbsp\\; I think I see a HID system in my future!!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Rocky Rox
Intermediate

In response to Slacker, I had a very good experience from Daniel Stern, danielsternlighting.com. He answered my email in one day and provided all of the info and the bulbs to upgrade my 08 RG. I&nbsp\\;got his address from&nbsp\\;another forum member who also recommended Stern.
To do the RoadGlide best you need to upgrade to the European optics from HD. This replaces the unit entirely and&nbsp\\;redirects the&nbsp\\;light&nbsp\\;spread and combined with Daniel Stern's bulb recommendation, makes for a very good system for less than $220. IMO. It's an easy install as well.
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

cant post

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Wane713
Advanced

&nbsp\\; Do you have this HID su=ystem in stock for a 2007 ultra? How do i order? My stock light sucks. thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Just call and they will go right out.&nbsp\\; Thanks!!

Quick Reply: HID Headlight