Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrod
rocknrod, if anyone is confused, would pleassse read the past posts, this page above is for regular customers & not HDF forum members (unless you just read for the info or photos). Please go to the hidden page where you need a special key (link)First 30 members only $149.99/ea. for my Quality HID Kit (HERE) Buy Here Only!. Thanks!!!

Last edited by FastHarley; 08-08-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I read ther first page. Didnt realize there were so many other pages. Attempted to help him and you out.
DIdnt see your post.
Thanks for the compliment.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:11 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default Thanks

rocknrod
I knew (than) what you were doing & I thank you for that. I just did not wish for anyone here to pay too much $ without knowing there are other pages (hidden). Thanks for all! I do hope that you did not take offense for helping me /members out. This is why I stated "if anyone is confused", as I knew you were not. Again thanks!

Last edited by FastHarley; 08-09-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:00 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
One of the problems is having products that fit. The problem with your bulbs are they MAY be hitting the inner fairing on your Road Glide. When you put your outer fairing on the bulbs are too long not allowing you to put the fairing back on much less adjust the lighting. They hit if your bulb measures 4.9mm from the base to the rear of the bulb. This measurement is what most bulbs measures. The problem also lies as most bulbs can not be interchanged from manufacturer to manufacturer. I had to learn this information through experience. Most sellers do not know how to work on motorcycles, and do not know the particulars. You may make a spacer to space out your lens (2 bulb) including Plexiglas cover. This is the only way to aim your lights (unless you make a large fiberglass fairing ring & extend you fairing to make it longer. If you put clay behind your bulbs on the inner fairing than assemble your fairing, you will see they are hitting if you have the 4.9mm base bulbs. Once you ride your bike on the street, vibration and movement may than brake off the base of your bulbs. Don't ask me how we know.
So, if the bulbs I have are too long and hitting the inner fairing, I need to have them changed. Chances are that I would have to buy another whole kit (or two in the case of the RG) to get the shorter bulb, based on what you are saying. If I were to be one heck of a lucky guy and the ones that you sell were interchangeable, do you sell the bulbs separately?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default wrong headlight bulb

marvincbr, I was just trying to give you ideas what the problems are that you may face. Without being there with the bike in front of me I do not know for sure. Let's go through the problems and not spend your money.
  1. Please measure your bulb base first before buying anything. Put clay behind the bulb to double check. If you have a 4.9mm from steel base to back of bulb. Don't bother with the clay as you may take my word that it will not allow you to adjust you light and put your fairing back on. Ya, I know from experience. No, you should/can not cut the fairing because that would not be correct IMO.
  2. The next problem is almost all manufactures use their own bulb/ballast connectors to conduct power to the bulb. They are not all interchangeable.
  3. Every manufacturer does not recommend mixing components from other manufacturer. There is a difference in frequency, power, and other various things that your system as a whole and a complete unit was designed to work together. Your ballast & igniter may not be compatible with my bulb. If it is not and you have problems with the component switch due to incompatibility, you are screwed and wasted more of your money. Don't throw bad money after bad money IMO.
  4. Why not call your vendor and request your bulbs be replaced with the correct ones? I am sure they requested what application you are going to use them on (I have to ask: different Harley model's require different kits). It is their fault and your vendor must make good on their mistake.
  5. Give them a call and if they will not do anything for you than give me a call toll free, 7 days a week from 7am ~ 11PM E.S.T. & we'll figure something out. What? I do not know yet without talking to you.
  6. I will sell you bulbs as selling is how I make my money. I do not feel it is your best interest to spend your money when you may be wasting it and not yield the positive results you are looking for. You want bulbs, I will shut up and sell them to you, NP.

Last edited by FastHarley; 08-09-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-10-2008, 05:55 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I will measure the base and see what's going on there. The fairing is on and I do have some adjustment to the lights. As the headlight housing was one of the last things to go on when we did the install, it was a pain to get it to snap back into its position. Maybe the bulbs are hitting the wire loom and not the inner fairing. I do plan on doing some work this winter in the down time (radio, speakers, maybe painted inner fairing) , then I can take a real good look at what is going on in there. I am greatful for your input and help with my questions, thank you

Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 AM
shvlrydr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered the motorcyclemetal HID system on Thursday, recieved it on Saturday and installed it that day. had a problem and called Howard...WOW!!! talk about customer service. Howard walked me through a couple of troubleshooting steps and it was working great. just make sure you have a good ground, i guess you can figure out what i did wrong. stayed off the frosty beverages for a while last night so i could go for a ride and all i can say is wholly s&#t!!!!!!!!!!! its like riding during the day, even on the darkest road i could find. great kit, easy install and customer service is second to none.

thanks again Howard for all the help.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
sanaga
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just change my both of passing lamp with ACLL lamp....fits perfect and the light ...OMG....even a big truck oncoming will stop at the road side, they gonna blind...
u know ACLL lamp?...ACLL (Air Craft Landing Lamp)....hahaha...GE made....just add a relay, and change the stock HD switch so if u go high beam, both of passing and headlamp will on....
ride at night with my ACLL on, i can see very very clearly the road in front of me at atleast 100 metre....and everyone will STOP their vehicle (opposite direction) cos their cant see anything/blind for a moment....
even a hid/silverstar/whatever will look like a candle compare to my ACCL....

Last edited by sanaga; 08-10-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, just got my kit from Howard. Ordered it Friday, came in on Monday.
I have tried every bulb out there, Silverstar, Piaa, etc.
This buy far is the best headlamp up grade for the money that you can do.
It's like driving in daylight now.
Thanks Howard.

Quick Reply: HID Headlight