Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess I am just dunb but

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
thekidnkaren
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess I am just dunb but

I went against everyone I had talked to and bought a Motorcycle from Lakeland Harley Davidson. She is an 05 FLHT_PI and during the test ride the radio worked, I LOVED the sound of the true duel exhaust and the power it had really sold me. I was informed by the salesman that it had a power commander on it and kept hearing how great it was. I put a downpayment on the bike and when I came to pick it up found out the duel exhaust had a (Leak) and had to be replace with stock exhaust not to mention the radio no longer worked! Funny, I heard no leak. Took the bike to a friend of mine who knows much more than I do, Asked him about the power commander and he checked it out and said it had none on it. Now I am thinkin FRAUD BIG TIME!
So, I go back to the Harley shop and the salesman tells me, oh, we had to take the power commander off because of the stock exhaust, then with the sales manager the story changed (Never had one on it and the customer knew it). End result, the Sales manager got me a new radio, I waited 2 months for some python slip-ons mufflers and they put a power commander on it. My Problem/question is, It has no more power then it did when I drove it back to have this stuff done to it, It sounds very good but I expected a noticeable difference in power as it had when I test drove it. Next question is, does anyone have any idea if I have any recourse as I still don't have true duels?
PS. Lakeland Harley is not selling me any more bikes

Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: I guess I am just dunb but

Sounds as if someone at the dealer wanted the true duels and Power Commander.Maybe wrong but what other reason to take off those accessories.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master

I would have not taken the bike if I picked it up and things were changed. I guess it's on you now?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go back and tell them I wanted it put back exactly like it was when I put my down payment on it or tell them to give you your money back or tell them you want full trade value against something else in the shop. Sounds like some shady characters to me !!!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have never taken possession of the bike when I came back and the duels where gone......To me that would have raised a Red flag right there.

Now it's your word against theirs and it would be hard for you to make a case. Good luck, but I think your stuck with what you allowed them to give you at the time you took delivery.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45501/8E530F9FA14643D989530B84E378D85B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Some of life's lessons are learned the hard way. Sorry you had to learn these that way but, when buying used vehicles verify everything the salesman tells you including any options &/or extras installed. I wouldn't leave a deposit without taking the vehicle, but if you have no choice make sure all options, features, & extra's are documented on a bill of sale. Make clear any service work to be performed in your absence & get written confirmation. None of this will stop a disreputable dealer from making changes, but it will give you footing to force them to make the deal whole.

As for others suggestions to try & force the dealer to give you full trade value on another machine, or any other deal that involves money, you already know they'll cheat you. Why give 'em another chance? I wouldn't buy a Coke from a vending machine within a half mile of their place.

I've known dealers like that, & while I at times needed to buy parts, etc. from 'em I always knew the price before I went in the door, seldom made the sale easy for 'em, & *never* took any crap from 'em. A Harley dealer in Jacksonville comes to mind...............

Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the Power Commander they probably just loaded a stock map on it and did not do a dyno tune. At a minimum (since you are happy with the sound), I would insist that they do a complete dyno tune to the power commander. Lakeland Harley is an authorized user of the "Tuning Link" software which essentially tunes the bike so it really is just dyno time with a competent tuner to get it done right.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 PM
medic694
Intermediate

thekidnkaren, I tried to buy a bike form their sister store Ridge HD but they were a bunch of A$$h0le$. I got mad and left. The next week I bought an 08 FLHX from Gator HD and was treated like a king. I will drive the 1.5 hours from the Winter Haven area to deal from now on. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would report them to the BBB......and look for reimbursement for the parts that were taken off to give to one of their employees,, guarantee you that is what happened.....you can't show and sell something then at delivery time things were changed that is some BS..

Old 01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's your problem:

ORIGINAL: thekidnkaren

I went against everyone I had talked to...
One thing that the HD world has plenty of is opinions and advise. (OK, two things.) When you find something--a dealer, a part/accessory, whatever--that "everyone" agrees is a POS, they're probably right. Disregard them at your own risk.

Quick Reply: I guess I am just dunb but