Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess I am just dunb but

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I guess I am just dunb but

You should have never taken delivery of the bike. Now you have signed paperwork and the dealer has replaced said items so you have no case now. When you placed a down payment on the bike thatis your bike. You had a big case then.
The power issue is like they said. They probalby put a v&h dual python map in. You won't notice a big advantage with the V&H head pipes and those slip-on's.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya want performance get the Hayabusa. It's a HD just enjoy it's character. I know how you feel. Yu'll get past the whle performance thing.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're looking for more power then you'll have to get it Dynoed. I wouldn't go back to Lakeland HD for that, there is a guy in Lakeland who runs a mobile dyno, he also does service at his home. He tuned my bike when I put a PCIII on it with slip-ons and gave me a nice HP gain. Lookup Ken's Mobile Dyno in the phone book, pm if you want and I'll try to find his number. As far as removing the PCIII by the dealer, if they put stock exhaust back on it then they would have had to change the map if they left the powercommander on, so if they remove it then they don't have any extra work to put a new map on it.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: GTK

Sounds as if someone at the dealer wanted the true duels and Power Commander.Maybe wrong but what other reason to take off those accessories.
+1, buyer beware

If these items are listed on an options sheet or "we owe" slip, make them do the work. Otherwise, you're SOL and I hope you didn't pay extra for those "add ons".

Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepman54

If you're looking for more power then you'll have to get it Dynoed. I wouldn't go back to Lakeland HD for that, there is a guy in Lakeland who runs a mobile dyno, he also does service at his home. He tuned my bike when I put a PCIII on it with slip-ons and gave me a nice HP gain. Lookup Ken's Mobile Dyno in the phone book, pm if you want and I'll try to find his number. As far as removing the PCIII by the dealer, if they put stock exhaust back on it then they would have had to change the map if they left the powercommander on, so if they remove it then they don't have any extra work to put a new map on it.

Given that what we know of this story to be true and correct it is IMHO that Lakelandowes him a dyno instead of paying Ken 200 bucks. They have a capable tuner and they should do the right thing to make this deal "whole" again. More than likely the service department did only what they were asked to do by the sales department.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
E1
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eglidetrike1

I would have not taken the bike if I picked it up and things were changed. I guess it's on you now?
+1

Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

I'd say you're SOL on this one, but you should file it away in the" I owe em one" file. Remember, what goes around comes around, and it seems to me you owe em a good screwing.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
thekidnkaren
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx All for the advise, I should have known better-guess I am just getting old and senile. I will catch Ken's mobile dyno at the next bike event I see him at. At one time I was hanging out outside Lakeland Harley waiting for a friend and talked two people out of buying from them and sent them to Cleremont or Brandon. I figure this is a start, get the word out on shady dealerships and lick my wouded pride! I have a very nice bike that I love but will always remember how I got it and what I was treated like @ Lakeland Harley

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thekidnkaren

Thanx All for the advise, I should have known better-guess I am just getting old and senile. I will catch Ken's mobile dyno at the next bike event I see him at. At one time I was hanging out outside Lakeland Harley waiting for a friend and talked two people out of buying from them and sent them to Cleremont or Brandon. I figure this is a start, get the word out on shady dealerships and lick my wouded pride! I have a very nice bike that I love but will always remember how I got it and what I was treated like @ Lakeland Harley
Thekidnkaren, your last statement is very wise. Cut your losses and don't look back. Sharing your experience with others (like you describe above)may help them to avoid the same pitfalls with this dealership while easing some of your pain.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peppa1

I'd go back and tell them I wanted it put back exactly like it was when I put my down payment on it or tell them to give you your money back or tell them you want full trade value against something else in the shop. Sounds like some shady characters to me !!!
peppa you said it. As far as I'm concerned that's not the bike he test drove.

Quick Reply: I guess I am just dunb but