Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

genral motor employee

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 PM
2000Bagger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genral motor employee

A little while back someone offered to give a number for a purchase of a new gmc truck that was a discount because of family and freinds employee discount. I am looking to get a new truck and was wondering what that was

[IMG]local://upfiles/48360/B07B5F17ACF3434A98DF61DE2B69118C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 PM
HOGinit
Cruiser
Default RE: genral motor employee

It is a coupon with a number that is associated with an Employee of General Motors. I have had a couple of those that have been given to me, quite frankly I was always able to do better than the coupon allowed if I didn't even mention the coupon, seems like the coupon has a set discount and if you go in and negotiate you kin beat the devil out of the coupon. Thas jist me though.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

General Motors as well as other major auto manufacturing companies allow 2-3 certificates to employees once a year for discounts on any GM vehicle which can be given to family members or friends for a major discount on the vehicle. It usually runs about 15-20% off the price of the car and does not include rebates. So lets say a truck cost 40k. The discount could be 15% or $6,000.00 off. If there is a manufactures rebate of $5,000.00 you get to take that as well. So the cost of the vehicle now would be $29,000.00.You also dont have to pay any extra fees which such as doc could be another 500-700.00 less. It is a good deal and all GM ,FORD AND Chrysler employees get it once a year. The employee must get the certificate from the car companys website and then put it in the relatives or friends name by social security number. The certificate is good for one year and to only one per name per year. Hope this helps.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Go to one of the GM truck forums. There will be someone over there that has one to give you. They are usually glad to give them away if there not using them.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ford also has the "X Plan" priceyou can ask for at the dealer which is a similar type of program.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2000 Bagger, I am a trained (former) GMC sales specialilst. You are referring to GMS pricing, which was actually offered to anyone during the 2004 model year. It is not a coupon or a certificate, but an identification number that verifies current or former GMC employment. Be prepared to prove a family relationship as they are not transferable discounts. Make no mistake, there is no better deal available out there, period.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I[sm=smiley20.gif]can definetly get you a kick butt deal on a new "Tundra" or any product from Toyota....

No I am not a car salesperson,,,,, I am the "Boss" if you know what I mean....

Old 01-02-2008, 02:18 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

I have purchased my last two trucks using my brothers certificate. Basically you pick out the model and trim level and they have a discount based on if it's a supplier discount or GM employee discount. The employees at the dealerships get a discount also. Both of mine were purchased when they gave the dealership employees the factory employees discount. As posted that's the best deal you can get. My 07 Silverado went from $35,698.00, to about $28,000.00 when the discount and the rebates were factored in. You still have to pay taxes and licensing fees.

The only downside of this is that you have to get the model the way it's delivered there are no add ons or modifications allowed. That's why the dealer I work thru always goes out and finds me the model I want with the most factory options so I get a better deal.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Might want to try a ricer forum .
ORIGINAL: big_al

I[sm=smiley20.gif]can definetly get you a kick butt deal on a new "Tundra" or any product from Toyota....

No I am not a car salesperson,,,,, I am the "Boss" if you know what I mean....

Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Its just a number you give the sales person at the dealer. I just bought a 08 Silverado using my neighbors employee status . A employee can use the "employee discount" six times a year. They can get unlimited supplier or friends discounts .
Check out this web site:
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gme..._referral.html

Quick Reply: genral motor employee