Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

genral motor employee

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
2000Bagger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: genral motor employee

Heck this is not even motorcycle related anyway I was just seeing if ya all could help me with my tow vehicle cuz I want to go to Daytona. LIke I said to cold to ride out of northern Illinios

Old 01-03-2008, 06:51 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2000Bagger
Want to have anew truck before Daytona seeing how it is a little cold to ride there form Northern Illinios gotta trailer to get away from the snow and ice I will keep you updated on the progress
[IMG]local://upfiles/48360/FE349BDC59254B42BB201C788207AA38.jpg[/IMG]
Saying your going to trailer your bike (for any reason)will only start a whole new group to arguing.....watch!!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
OnTheFence
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Firetender

No OfFence, Fence, but there's more holes in your post than Swiss cheese!
The dealer doesn't have to show you squat, and in many states rebates aren't part of the GMS pricing structure. And GMS pricing won't help you negotiate a non-GMS deal either. And your trade in isn't worth cr*p because the dealer spends an average of $ 1500 per vehicle in refurb costs, and that's another state-mandated safety requirement I won't go into here. If it's more than 100,000 miles or more than 10 years old, it's a "5$ car" and is off to Mexico. However, in your post, you are trying to help out a bro, and that's an admirable intention!
Gee, maybe I know a little bit more than you are giving me credit for. Walk into any dealership, pickout any truckor car on the lot. Act real interested and tell them your dad works for GM. Then ask politely what is this car going to cost me? That is the moment they pull their little invoice sheet out on that particular vechicle. (Why would they pull it out? Because, JO Blow Salseman doesn't know the Employee cost for every vehicle on the lot) You willsee on that list the Employee Price, Supplier Price, and Dealer Invoice among other things. What you will find is that Employee price is the lowest price on their little sheet and that is what and Employee or relative will pay for it.You are 100% correct, they don't have to show you squat.You are free to walk to the next dealer and find one that will.

Every dealer I have walked into has showed me the GMS price before I had any proof of who I was. So it doesn't take too much imagination to think that any jackass could walk in and see the number. Then go to the next dealer who has the same vechicle on his lot and offer him the GMS number. Guess what he's gonna say no and the purchaser will be ratcheting up his offer from there. Until he and dealer come to a number that both are happy with.

I was also around in the day when you could order a Silverado 4 x 4 from the factory, drive it for 6 months while the next one is being built and get what you paid for the first one back in trade. If you really wanted to play along you could deal in Tahoes and gain $1000 or so on each trade.

Rather you think I am full of sh$t or not isn't important. I know exactly how all of my GMS purchases went down and got the rebate taken from the GMS price. I don't claim to be the only authority on GMS purchases, but I have been involved in enough to know how it works.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=closed.gif][sm=closed.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 01-03-2008, 07:51 PM
DB10881
Cruiser
Default RE: general motor employee

ORIGINAL: TN Houndog

Russ,
You are right about the quality of a Mexican made GM truck, I had one! Worst POS I ever owned. I now have an Indiana made Silverado, and so far it's been trouble free. I also have 2 American made Hondas and a US made Ford. I watch what I buy now and try hard to buy "Made in USA", even if it's not an American nameplate. I just wish others would follow suit. Our country's future depends on it. Our elected leaders sure don't care what happens to our country. Just read some of the "free trade" agreements and look at the lack of enforcement for our illegal alien problems. It's enough to make a true American sick!
My Mexican built Avalanche has had problem after problem.....made me regret selling the Silverado.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain

for god sakes thats an advertisment I'm not dising your truck, Toyota makes a fine truck as do ford and Dodge figure out the application you use it for and buy thatone I couldn't care less as long as it made in theUS wtf and I wish you would stop bring up stupid inane chit that doesn't matter there are hundreds of those linksfor every company means nothing. stop acting likeyou'vehad too much to drink today
ORIGINAL: big_al

sportyrider, for sure you can count with me for any help to get you an FJ......[sm=signs007.gif]

t
cirhere & basserclick on this link andlearn before you try to start questioning me.... http://www.toyota.com/about/our_business/index.html

http://www.toyota.com/about/our_busi...ions_FINAL.pdf

I am a chevy man at heart and own some bad *** chevys as we speak... I could personally give a **** about what you or others think about toyota butThe facts are the facts if you two and others dont like it,, oh well. All this started by me offering 2000bagger that I could help him get an awesome truck from toyota if he wanted....then all the critters come out to defend the big three soon to be the little three....if in doubt refer back to the links above.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
cirhere2
Road Captain

My e-mail is rsssimms@yahoo.com and I will get what you need like to help
ORIGINAL: 2000Bagger

I tried to PM you Russ to see if the GMS offer still stands, let me know if it went thru

[IMG]local://upfiles/48360/30C6E1E2BC114BA1AE7663C0735477D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM
KDC56
Intermediate

While I am pretty much a read only member (lurker) of this forum , I feel compelled to comment here.Call me old fashioned or whatever you wish , but both my Dad and my Father-in law were WW2 vets (now deceased) and I just cannot bring myself to knowingly buy something from the same folks that treated us to Pearl Harbor [:@]My appologies to 2000Bagger for sticking my nose into your post.My 2 bits...

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
ben67zl1
Cruiser

You constantly read that we need to remember HISTORY so that we won't have to relive it , however some peoples' families weren't in a ship off Okinawa when two kamakazii planes killed almost a 1,000 men . Other peoples must have already forgotten the Bataan Death March. How about the Rape Of Nanking? Ask american auto makers about the all the red tape they must go thru to sell there! We then could ask the Jews or the Russians about the Foreigners from the East I'm sure they haven't forgotten either . My family served in both theaters and it will keep you up. I am aChevy man but I will shake the hand of a Ford or Dodge owner before I ignore the others. I don'tcare what Consumer Reports states either!