Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOTORCYCLE LIFT w/ 08 TOURING (CROSS MEMBER)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008 | 11:43 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Default RE: MOTORCYCLE LIFT w/ 08 TOURING (CROSS MEMBER)

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: Jsans

ORIGINAL: rapz

J&S is a great jack; stable; no straps required; quick setup; can roll around as needed.
A major complaint I have about the J&S is the leaking hydraulic fluid. They've been real good about sending me replacements, but I'm on my 3rd one (that I haven't tested yet).

wish they would have sent a different brand of hydraulic the second time since I almost killed myself slipping on the floor after the fluid leaked out.

They said they would keep sending more until I got one that wouldn't leak, which I'm not sure is the proper way to handle this type of issue. They should have replaced the hydraulic unit with a differnet type all together for what I paid for this jack.

Also,

the oil drip pan needs a 2 inch side plate on the left side to keep the oil from spillling over the edge when I pull the drain plug on my SG. I'll have to make some kind of bolt-on side shield. (Why, when you pay good money??)

For the price of this jack, you shouldn't have to deal with these repeated issues.

They replaced the jack on mine for leaking too. Had a leak at the base of the jack. I was wondering if others had problems too. NowI know. They got me a new one really quick and for free of course. Haven't had a problem since.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/631F7FD5B1DA4DA49CBE954E84172C85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/2EC070C827904E4FB1A4FA996BB180FA.jpg[/IMG]
Looks like you sent picture evidence to get your replacement. You're lucky second one was good. I'll test my third on Saturday.

As the fluid leaks out the jack doesn't extend as far, at least it doesn't collapse on you. But that crap is slippier than hell.

Old 01-02-2008 | 11:50 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: rapz

J&S is a great jack; stable; no straps required; quick setup; can roll around as needed.
A major complaint I have about the J&S is the leaking hydraulic fluid. They've been real good about sending me replacements, but I'm on my 3rd one (that I haven't tested yet).

wish they would have sent a different brand of hydraulic the second time since I almost killed myself slipping on the floor after the fluid leaked out.

They said they would keep sending more until I got one that wouldn't leak, which I'm not sure is the proper way to handle this type of issue. They should have replaced the hydraulic unit with a differnet type all together for what I paid for this jack.

Also,

the oil drip pan needs a 2 inch side plate on the left side to keep the oil from spillling over the edge when I pull the drain plug on my SG. I'll have to make some kind of bolt-on side shield. (Why, when you pay good money??)

For the price of this jack, you shouldn't have to deal with these repeated issues.

They replaced the jack on mine for leaking too. Had a leak at the base of the jack. I was wondering if others had problems too. NowI know. They got me a new one really quick and for free of course. Haven't had a problem since.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/631F7FD5B1DA4DA49CBE954E84172C85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/2EC070C827904E4FB1A4FA996BB180FA.jpg[/IMG]
Looks like you sent picture evidence to get your replacement. You're lucky second one was good. I'll test my third on Saturday.

As the fluid leaks out the jack doesn't extend as far, at least it doesn't collapse on you. But that crap is slippier than hell.
Yes, I sent them pictures. I didn't expect any problems because I'd heard they had excellent customer sevice.

Have a question for you. When you jack your bike up and let it down on the stops, do you leave some pressure on the jack or do you completely let the pressure off?

Steve L.

Old 01-02-2008 | 11:54 PM
Jsans
Tourer

I've done both and noticed that the jack still leaked.

Although I would prefer leaving some pressure on the jack itself since the stop bracket mounts tend to somewhat twist a little from all the weight when the jack has no tension.

Old 01-03-2008 | 01:21 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

I've done both and noticed that the jack still leaked.

Although I would prefer leaving some pressure on the jack itself since the stop bracket mounts tend to somewhat twist a little from all the weight when the jack has no tension.

Should be able to let the jack completely off onto the stops. On the other hand, the jack shouldn't leak if you don't. Myself, I leave some pressure in the jack after I settle onto the stops. Bike set on the jack for 2 weeks with no leaks after changing the bottle jack.

Just my 2 cents.
Steve