Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Vision

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: Victory Vision

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

The parent company (Polaris) isn't doing well. Victory is not selling as well as anticipated and the Vision will be a total flop. The only thing Polaris makes that is selling well is the Ranger/Razor and they can't produce them fast enough to keep up with the demand.
Terry, I don't know what article you've been reading, but here in Minnesota, we're pretty happy about Polaris.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/News/PressReleases/PolarisReportsStrongThirdQuarter200
7ResultsSalesGrew11PercentToARecord544MillionEarni ngsPerDilutedSh.htm

Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snowmobiles and ATVS are fine but no Victory motorcycle for me thanks.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
olbagr
Cruiser

Looks like Victory/Polaris may be doing well in the ATV and snowmobile business. I haven't seen many Victory's on the road in this area. I did go look at one in the showroom but never have seen one on the road. If I was independently wealthy I would buy one and park it. May be valuable someday like a Studebaker or an Edsel

Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Went down to the local Victory dealer and looked one over. I didn't really like it but told the salesman it was good to see somebody taking a fresh approach rather than building another Harley knockoff. Those saddlebags look so big, but when you open one its tiny inside and it seemed that everything wanted to "stick" when you tried to open it. I did kinda like the way the front fairing tunneled the oncoming air directly onto the motor, sorta like having a large fan blowing across it. My next bike will be another Harley but I think Victory is smart in trying to compete with something very different.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45502/F822AE07672D4E92917D143612504912.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

You gotta talk to the Polaris Dealers. Polaris is shoving unsellable units down there throats causing them to drop like flies. According to the Dealer News I got last week, they were down another 8% over last year. Last year they had record losses. We sell Polaris where I work. The only ones down further than Polaris is Artic Cat.

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

The parent company (Polaris) isn't doing well. Victory is not selling as well as anticipated and the Vision will be a total flop. The only thing Polaris makes that is selling well is the Ranger/Razor and they can't produce them fast enough to keep up with the demand.
Terry, I don't know what article you've been reading, but here in Minnesota, we're pretty happy about Polaris.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/News/PressReleases/PolarisReportsStrongThirdQuarter
2007ResultsSalesGrew11PercentToARecord544MillionEa rningsPerDilutedSh.htm

Old 01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Victory power train or frames, but their tins SUCK!!!! I think they need to put Arlen Ness out to pasture along with the rest of the Victory body designers, start with a clean sheet of paper and some REAL motorcycle body engineers. Heck, If they'd just copy the looks of a HD Electra glide and maybe a Softail, they'd be far better off than they are now. I'd like to see them give HD a REAL run for our money! We would be the real beneficiary's in that race because it'd force both company's to produce the very best product they're capable of at a price we would pay for that product.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TN Houndog

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Victory power train or frames, but their tins SUCK!!!! I think they need to put Arlen Ness out to pasture along with the rest of the Victory body designers, start with a clean sheet of paper and some REAL motorcycle body engineers. Heck, If they'd just copy the looks of a HD Electra glide and maybe a Softail, they'd be far better off than they are now. I'd like to see them give HD a REAL run for our money! We would be the real beneficiary's in that race because it'd force both company's to produce the very best product they're capable of at a price we would pay for that product.
Didn't Yamaha already try that? ( BTW, the new Raider ain't so bad lookin, if they would change the pipes!!)

Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Billiam92407
Tourer

ORIGINAL: olbagr

If I was independently wealthy I would buy one and park it.
I would buy it and ride it to the store to buy a loaf of bread.... but nothing would/could replace my HD.

Not a bad bike.... but Harley has too much history for the competition. You can't compete with the Harley mystiqe.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:36 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cirhere2

Just got to see my first one in person, When you sit on it you can't tell where the front tire is.
not to hurt anyones feelings but that thing is fugly[sm=smiley26.gif]
+1 , I agree...

Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakedog

ORIGINAL: cirhere2

Just got to see my first one in person, When you sit on it you can't tell where the front tire is.
not to hurt anyones feelings but that thing is fugly[sm=smiley26.gif]
+1 , I agree...
Other than my classic Triumphs, I haven't had a bike in 20 years that I could see the front tire when riding, including the Ultra.

Quick Reply: Victory Vision