Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil cooler question Jagg or HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:54 AM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Oil cooler question Jagg or HD

JAGG FLH 10-row Low Mount Oil Cooler, designed for TC-88" and TC-96" Baggers offers 40 percent greater cooling capacity than a HD/Jagg 6-row.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:56 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It is called a "gasket service kit". Part number 12056-05.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
mike_oh
Road Master

I bought the Jagg ten row cooler from the dealer in 2004 for my bagger as that is what they offered back then. It works great! The rub was when I wanted a chrome cover for it. After going in circles and being told there was no such animal I finally found a parts person that found the cover that would fit the bigger 10 row cooler. It is part number 63032-05. It is an old stock item,however my dealer still had two in stock. It is one of those "put it on with silicone" deals. I used 3M super heavy duty double stick tape instead and it worked for me.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: swipter

What about a Jagg 10 row but block the fins until the temps get hot enough to need it? I don't think it is hot enough in the San Antonio area right now to need it but by once it changes it will be for months at a time. I am alittle unsure about the t'stat thing. I did a search and was reading others who had issues with them. What'cha think about this idea? Could go to a leatherer and get a cover made.
You could also buy the Jagg manual bypass valve (http://www.jagg.com/jagg%20files/jag...es/by-pass.htm) and open it when you need it. If you don't use some sort of regulator for keeping cold oil out of the cooler you will greatly extend the time it takes your oil to heat up, which will cause more oil contamination (water, gas, acids) and lower gas mileage. Air-cooled bikes take forever to warm up anyway, and running a cooler without a valve or t'stat makes the problem much worse.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mike_oh

It is called a "gasket service kit". Part number 12056-05.
Good info! I just noticed this item at the bottom of the parts list.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:36 PM
swipter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking for $250 shipped from Zanotti's the HD cooler may be the better choice.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:40 PM
mike_oh
Road Master

We also have the HD oil cooler on a 02 Road King and it does a great job. It is a very nice kit with everything you need and should include the chrome cover. I see them from the sellers on e-bay all the time in the 250 range. The gasket service lit has all the gaskets you would need.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use a Jagg Deluxe w/o a thermostat and have since 2000 or 2001. In the fall/winter, I just put a condom on it to keep the wind off of it.

It does not get that cold in TX, so I am not that worried about it. Just watch the oil temp to ensure that it comes up.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I use a Jagg Deluxe w/o a thermostat and have since 2000 or 2001. In the fall/winter, I just put a condom on it to keep the wind off of it.
But the condom will keep it from making more little coolers which you could sell on Ebay.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

But the condom will keep it from making more little coolers which you could sell on Ebay.
NO!

It's a totally controlled and precise exercise. In fact, it ensures long term health and survival of the little *****'s!

Quick Reply: Oil cooler question Jagg or HD