Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III / Sert tuner in NC needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM
cegusa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PC III / Sert tuner in NC needed

Happy new year to everyone. For those of you up North hope the winder is a short one. I'm a recent transplant to the South myself and am looking for information on tuners in the Raleigh NC area. I have an 08 SG with Supertrapp SE slip-ons and looking to add a high flow air cleaner and either a PC III or a Sert. I doubt I will do anything more to the engine on this bike and have researched both of these units heavily. I'm moving on to the next phase in trying to decide which way to go. Likely a canned map will suffice but in the event I decide on having it tuned, I'm trying to include the likelihood of finding someone fairly local that I can expect good results from. I understand that Ray Price HD works with the Sert and Cape Fear HD in Fayetteville works with the PC. Anyone have thoughts o either of these two dealerships or any other shops that I can consider?

Thanks............

Old 01-01-2008, 09:56 AM
martin1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PC III / Sert tuner in NC needed

Dont know about Ray Price - they might be great. But from personal experience I can tell you that Neil Taylor at Tilleys in Statesville is an excellent tuner. I have had two bikes tuned by him with great results.Statesville is what, about two hour ride from you?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
cegusa
Tourer

Does Tilleys work with the Sert or PC?
Thanks for the info...

Old 01-01-2008, 10:27 AM
martin1
Cruiser

They sell and tune both. They are one of the few HD dealers I know who are just as willing to sell you a PCIII as a SERT. When I asked them why they said it was because they could get similar results for less cost to the customer. The PCIII is cheaper to buy and takes less dyno time to dial in. But if you are looking for every ounce of power the SERT is better in most peoples opinion. Tilleys has always been heavy into racing and are known for their tuning skills. Hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM
cegusa
Tourer

Sure does help, thanks again. I have family in Mocksville so I could likely tie this into a visit as well.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Thunderflight
Cruiser

Get a PCIII from FuelMotoUSA. Good price plus a 2 yr warantee. Just tell Jamie what you have on your bike and he will download the map and send it that way. Easy to install

Then try the Bike Doctor in Newport, NC
Ron is dynojet certified and uses tuning link. Will do a advanced map for $250

Old 01-01-2008, 06:11 PM
rde
Road Captain

Welcome to NC!

I will tell you from personal experience that Ray Price does a good job with tuning. They dyno'd my 2006 Wide Glide using a PC III and that bike ran perfect. I never had any hesitation or decel popping. I was more than pleased with increased HP and torque. I was 110% satisfied with their map.

I have an 08 Road King and actually bought a SERT when I did the purchase in November. I had already added a SE air cleaner and SE slip ons when I picked it up from Ray Price. They did a "safe map" download off my SERT to get me going until I dyno the bike at 1000 miles. They charged me nothing to download the initial map and I will tell you the bike runs really good so far. Except for an occassional decel pop I would've thought it had already been dyno'd with the SERT. I will get to the dyno and SERT tuningsometime this month and maybe then I can tell you how they did. From past experience I expect nothing less than perfect from these guys. They have always treated me well and I've been very pleased with their service department.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help. FYI they charge a flat fee to dyno tune a bike whether you use a SERT or PC III. I think it's $250 whether it takes 2 hours or 4 hours.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Ray Price has a LONG history in racing and many feel they are second to none at building or tuning your HD. Go by and chat with the guys in service. They are a PC dealer, and of course they will install a SERT.