Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 120" dialed in

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 AM
AllanW
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HQ 120" dialed in

Hello everyone, I have been watching all you guys on this site and just had to join in. This is my first post and Ill go ahead and let everyone know that Im not a computer guytrying to teach myself.

I completed my HQ 120" build about two weeks ago and have been tweaking on it when I could, it is a carb model 2000 e-glide. For all you guys thinking about one of these engines you wont be dissapointed.This thing will pull stumps and is very smooth (darkhorse treatment). It took a little R&D but working withDoug (HQ) and John (darkhorse) it was a pleasure. I have the same ignition that I ran on my 95" (HQ) engine and have not touched it, and it starts and runs great absolutly no pinging. I have rolled it on from about 1800 rpm in 5th and it just wants to go.

Also I have talked to Phil andGuy several times and what nice guys, actually met Phil and we are all fired up about these 120" kits. I think between all of us, Doug, John, Phil and Guy these kits should be ready to go, and you wont be sorry! I will gaurantee you that.

Happy new year to all. AllanW

Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: HQ 120" dialed in

Welcome Allan to the forums. Happy New Year.

I'm trying real hard to line up my finances to be able to go big on my motor. I'll continue to follow you guys feedback on any issues post build(if any) until I'm set to do mine. Keep us informed about the plus and minuses please, although the only minus you should encounter are the bugs in the teeth phenomenon.[:'(]

Dalton and Phil have done an excellent job of posting and I greatly appreciate their feedback.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Morn'n Allan!

Happy New Year, man!

Mine is getting close..... just a few loose ends and a missing part or two. Pipe, being the biggest thing. How are ya liking the RB now that you have some miles on it?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Allan, Good to see you on the forum!

You are right on the money with your comments. Fired my 120" HQ buildup for the first time last night and all I can say is wow, this thing is amazing! Smooth, quiet and as you say, stump pulling power.

Thanks for your help along the way with what you encountered during your build. It is the passing of information down the line from builder to builder that makes things easier and go faster.

BTW, the Borzilla sounds great!!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:46 AM
mllkn6
Tourer

Hi AllenW,
Glad to have you on the forum from S. Carolina. We all appreciate all the information you can provide for the rest of us, that's what makes this forum the best on the net. People willing to share their knowledge with others that are no as knowledgeable, like me, again welcome and we are glad to have you. Happy New Year and be safe out there.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks, Allan, for being one of the pioneers of the HQ 120" and welcome to HDF. I've read your posts on HQTechline and enjoyed them. Doug is fortunate to have customers like you, Guy and Phil to take on this 120"project. Buyingexpensive parts, dealing with issues not encountered with already developed kits, working through problems, and all the time doing so while not going postal when problems were encountered and sharing the solutions to permit a better result for those customers to follow. My hat is off to all of you.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[sm=jawdrop.gif] WoW!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:28 AM
AllanW
Advanced

UltraKla$$ic,
miikn6,
Harleypingman,
Thanks for the welcome, Its a nice way to start off the new year. Of course I plan on going out and burning down some rear tire when it warms up some, you need to start the new year off right!

Phil, I know its goy to be killing you to know that Dalton is up and running, It will be that much sweeter when you do blast off!

Dalton, hope the weather will let you get out and SPOOL IT UP sometime today.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: AllanW

Dalton, hope the weather will let you get out and SPOOL IT UP sometime today.
Nope, it is snowing like hell right now[:'(] Glad I at least got to break it in last night !

Old 01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
AllanW
Advanced

Phil, to answer your question about the rb exhaust I really like it, there is no doubt it makes power. When you nail it from just off idle,or at any rpm it is instant. This thing is so responsive, its a absolute blast to ride. Yesterday I wicked it coming out of a gas station and you would have been proud, almost straight up and I mean right now!

Quick Reply: HQ 120" dialed in