Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT OR PCIII ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 PM
roadking48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT OR PCIII ???

Plan on buying '08 ultra classic within the week, have been wheelin' dealin with 2 h-d shops over trade-in $, service, gold card deals, etc. NOW for real question, 1 shop says SERT better for regular riding while other shop telling me save over a 100 bucks and put PCIII on it. If not doing a big bore kit use a PCIII, while other shop says sert the best but more money??? I'm putting Kerker mufflers on this bike, thats why 1 shop says put PCIII on it because with the Kerker mufflers with sert they will have to put on dyna to get it dialed in right cause its nota h-d screaming eagle part, no map made,so they will have to dyna it alot to get right??? PCIII is easier with off brand mufflers???I rode a '07 with a sert and screaming mufflers and air cleaner up grade and loved it, will a PCIII be the same???? Pulling my hair out over this, THANKS Mark

Old 12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SERT OR PCIII ???

pc3 is more tweekable (tweekable?)...sert has to be reprogramed every time gets $$$

Old 12-30-2007, 11:00 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can tweak the Sert as much as you want. I would get a dyno done with any tuning device or engine upgrade. I want to know for sure it's done right. PCIII is a hang on device Sert is not. I have heard of a few PCIIIs going out but not with the Sert so far. I went with the Sert, SE A/C, Rush 2.0, Dyno on a 08UC. Happy with the results. I don't plan on anything else for now but when i do i already have the Sert which can handle any upgrade. The dyno is worth the money to me. Dropped my 08UC off in the morning and was riding it in the afternoon. You just need to do some research to see which one is going to fit best with your ideas for your bike.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 2003FLHPI

pc3 is more tweekable (tweekable?)...sert has to be reprogramed every time gets $$$
[sm=WTFsgign.gif] I don't think so.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
Billiam92407
Tourer

PC isn't more "tweakable" .... it is just easier to tweak. Particularly for your Dyno guy.
Unless you are going to do some "real" engine mods.... save the bucks and go with the PC. If you are going to a big build... go SERT. PC could handle it but not as well.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

pc3 more friendly to tweak ......
SERT is more complicated, but its a better tool than pc3 i think.....just need some more brain to tweak....

Old 12-31-2007, 06:19 AM
cegusa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone mounted an external fuel management system yet on a bike with ABS? Looks like it might be a bit of a challengefinding a place for a PC, Fuelpak orT-Max to fit.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

captjon37:
I have on 08 RG with the same Rush 2.0, SE A/C and SERT. I have not dynoed it yet as I set it up myself using a canned map then tweeking using the "record" function. I was wondering what hp and torque numbers you got with yours properly set up. I am hoping to have mine dynoed Saturday to see how well (or poorley) I did.

Thanks,
Doug

Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

can some body help how to tune my 07 ultra using data mode on sert..?? so far i use the map someone sent to me....it works great, but i want to play more with data mode....

Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both fuel management systems can be used for any type of build. The SERT does have more "tweaking abilities" because it lets you directly into the ECU. The PCIII has been around longer than the SERT and people were usingthe PCfor builds back when there was nothing else.

I favor strongly getting a good dyno tune done. If you have tuner ask which device they like and go with that one.

Quick Reply: SERT OR PCIII ???