Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a storage cover for my ultra

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM
gordo 2050
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a storage cover for my ultra

Anybody have a place or one of the sponsors that make a nice good fitting storage cover?
The local dealer wants a lot of cabbage for the logo..
Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/39430/F40B472ABAA348409DB92FA24BDED05E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 1,798 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a storage cover for my ultra

What for is the first question. Outside weather storage or just a dust cover in a garage? I use a breathable dust cover made for my Ultra that I got off Ebay for like $25 brandy spankin new. Works great for coverin' it up in the garage. Heck, just get an old sheet and use that. If you want one for more purpose then doa google and you'd be amazed at all the covers you can find.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
djpullen
Advanced

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XL-Li...mZ140194563816

I bought these same two covers off of this guy. Fast shipping and great price. It comes out to less than $50 for a lined cover and a travel cover. the travel cover is pretty thin and the lined cover is decent thickness. I don't know how the lined cover compares to the harley cover. I imagine they would be about the same. If you only want 1 cover, that seller lists them separately but you will only save $6 if you get just the lined cover. For $6, it will make a good grill cover or something. They fit my Ultra about as perfectly as you can get even with my highway pegs extended out.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with California Car Cover, less than a C-note, high quality, good fit. Thats for an inside cover.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
gordo 2050
Advanced

Thanks for the input. I just need it for inside the garage. I have a bedsheet now, but it's a little small. Told wifewe needed a bigger bed, she figured out where I got the sheetand it gor ugly. I found out that a bedsheet will also work as an ice bag and tournequte, turnakit, tuorn...a bleeder stopper.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:44 AM
24guns
Cruiser

To prevent theft while on the road, and satisfy my meager wallet, I use one that I picked up at Walmart.
No logo and fits the Ultra darn near perfect. Has bungee ties to wrap it close to the chassis. It also has internal soft patches to prevent scratching.

I think I paid under 30 bucks for it. I do store in a garage (with cover) when not riding. So I can't attest to how well the cover would hold up in outdoor weather.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 AM
Aslan
Road Master

I got the Wal Mart cover. No problems butI haven't used it outside.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 AM
mllkn6
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gordo 2050

Thanks for the input. I just need it for inside the garage. I have a bedsheet now, but it's a little small. Told wifewe needed a bigger bed, she figured out where I got the sheetand it gor ugly. I found out that a bedsheet will also work as an ice bag and tournequte, turnakit, tuorn...a bleeder stopper.
[sm=chairshot.gif]

That's funny.

[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 12-31-2007, 05:39 AM
mkultra
Tourer

I tried alot of various covers. My main reason was there was no covered parking so i needed a good cover. Spent quite abit of money and for outside storage the Harley cover was the best. Now you are looking for an inside cover so the Walmart one is probably the way to go, or go to a linen and things type store and get a cali. king fitted sheet.

mike v

Old 12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mkultra

I tried alot of various covers. My main reason was there was no covered parking so i needed a good cover. Spent quite abit of money and for outside storage the Harley cover was the best. Now you are looking for an inside cover so the Walmart one is probably the way to go, or go to a linen and things type store and get a cali. king fitted sheet.

mike v
i ahve found his one to be the best for outside storage. Holds up well to wind a snow load. Just look at thier sizing page to see what one you need. http://www.thebikebarn.net/index.html

Quick Reply: Looking for a storage cover for my ultra