Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First putt w/ headlight modulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:18 PM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: First putt w/ headlight modulator

I have had one for about 10 months, I wouldn't ride without it, and the entertainment is an added bonus. I have had cagers flash their headlights and some told me my headlight was loose and had a short. It also gets the attention of LEO's and that is fine.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: 62trvler

Is this something that can be turned off and on or is it always on once installed?
The Kisan modulator can be switched off or you can select one of several sensitivity settings. These settings vary according to the amount of light required for the photocell to switch it off in low-light. The settings are changed by flicking your high- and low-beam switch three times in one second. In any case, it will not modulate at night.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very cool. I love this board.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Lenyaw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was one of the first mods I added to my newly acquired Ultra since I just lost a coworker when a cager pulled out in front of him.
These things really work!!! I installed one from
Signal Dynamics that uses a light sensor to turn it off at dusk, but you can manually turn it off by quickly going from high-low-high beams so it isn’t annoying while group riding. This one was not plug & play and required cutting wires & soldering but still not too tough to install.
Best accessory I’ve installed yet. Like several have already mentioned, I’ve had cagers pull to the right lane when you come up behind them and several started to pull out from a side street & stopped when they saw the light.
Anyone thinking about installing one will not regret it. I’m convinced it’s made riding a lot safer for me now that I’m more visible to others.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JUST PUT BOTH H/L MODULATOR AND TAILIGHT MODULATOR ON MY EG CLASSIC AND LOVE IT. DO NOTICE EVERYONE SEEMS TO NOTICE ME..EVEN ONE SLOWED TO PULL OVER...MUST HAVE THOUGHT I WAS THE POLICE OR SOMETHING!!! A WORD OF WARNING...DO NOT ASSUME THAT THIS WILL PROTECT YOU....ALWAYS RIDE AS IF EVERY IDIOT OUT THERE WITH OR WITHOUT A CELL PHONE STUCK IN THEIR EAR DOES NOT SEE YOU....IT WILL SAVE YOUR A$$....RIDE SAFE!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went out for a 120 mile ride yesterday (solo-anything below 50 degrees is too cold for her. lol) and just got back from a 110 mile ride to Sardis Lake with the wife today (hit 61 degrees today!).

It is a radical difference in how much people have been noticing me since I installed this just 3 days ago. The very first day I realized that it would be tempting to assume that this could allow me to lower my defenses a bit. I reminded myself that it only takes one idiot to make one mistake and it could alter the rest of my life.

I am still riding at "red alert" assuming that every cager (and deer in the woods) is going to do something stupid.

I have had a few pull over, prolly mistaking the bike for being on patrol....or maybe they just don't like the flashing light in their rear view mirror.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:12 PM
rickxx
Tourer

i re-wired mineto run on low beam. stays on all the time (until dusk). best thing i've done to the bike (safety-wise).

Old 12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one and love it. Best mod for safety that I have ever done. Highly recommended for all.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This is great info. Thanks! Now, does anyone ride with others who have different brands and therefore have a preference for brands? Are any easier to install than others? I'd like to get 2 sets for 2 bikes and get them for tail and headlights. I think some of you are right in that some cagers will think you're a cop and pull out of your way but oh well.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I think I'll just get a red light and siren while I'm at it.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

The Kisan unit is direct plug-n-play on mah UC, at least.&nbsp\\;Have no experience w/the Comagination unit, so can't speak ta that.&nbsp\\;Ah can say that Kisan is VERY responsive to customer questions, issues, etc...

Quick Reply: First putt w/ headlight modulator