Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes Ultrasound Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 01:44 PM
RAZ
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hogtunes Ultrasound Kit

Any chance for a chopped tour pack?
I really want rear speakers!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey Raz

There MAY be opportunity to make the pods work on the chopped pak. I did a lot of research, and foun d that MOST guys who really put some miles on CVO's buy the King pak.

I have to finish the RG kit (which looks like it will work fine) and then I can look into a chopped pak adaptor

Hope this helps eh!

PEZ

Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PEZ, confused. I thought the new amp was mounting in the front fairing and would power all four speakers on the Ultra. Is this the case? I thought I read something here that said your need to TourPak - indicating that something is installed in the pak?

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey there

The new amp is part of a complete rear speaker addition to Classics--NOT Ultras. The amplifier runs the front speakers, and also reroutes the built in radio power to run the rears.

There is an audio feature on the amp that WILL make a difference in any system (still cant name it) but I need to test the amp on an Ultra to make sure the CB does not cause issues.

The Ultrasound kit will make a bunch of sense when I update my website.

I believe the amp WILL in fact be available separate by May

Hope this helps!

RIDE SAFE EH--PEZ

Old 01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey

Well here is the proto installed in a RG (SE) A couple of Mods and this thing is DONE! The RG adaptor will come with a separate wire harness as the clutch side wires all need to be lengthened some. Hope the pic is embedded--if not--some who knows how please email me and I will get you 2 post 4 me

Later eh

PEZ www.hogtunes.com

[IMG]local://upfiles/3537/1A899034F13F45248E311D81CFB24D6F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
PEZ
Tourer

The wires going over the amp will be re-routed under the wiring of the amp--and we will supply a new "sticky bit" to re-adhere the wires 2" lower than stock. In the picture, the amp is placed in such a way that the headlights will not quite clear, so I have to move the amp over towards the throttle side about 1". The final angle of the plate may have the actual plate really close to touching the inner fairing, so there will be a piece of adhesive backed rubber to stop unwanted noises.

Looks like Ultrasound will go in Gliders after all! I have to say--it was this post that got me motivated to get this going. I know many of you may find this hard to believe, but Road Glides have not been nearly as popular in Canada as they are in USA. Enough guys ended up asking about RG's so we will proceed witht he kit. Will keep you all posted....

Cheers

PEZ

Old 01-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Camera108
Intermediate

Here is a different question. 06 new Advanced Audio System (Street Glide so only front speakers).

Wire pak that would plug in and let back speakers connect. Reason is that then I can plug in a helmet speaker also on rear speaker/fader. When riding in area where I don't want tunes rocking (4AM in neighborhood), I can just fade to back speakers and use helmet speakers. Also allows fairing speakers when helmet not used.

Should be easy enough to design and install. Spoken from a person who is asking vendor because I have not the slightest idea......

?????????

Old 01-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

ORIGINAL: PEZ

There is an audio feature on the amp that WILL make a difference in any system (still cant name it) but I need to test the amp on an Ultra to make sure the CB does not cause issues.
Hey Pez, you know I have the Ultra, and I'm willing to use my ride as the test bike! How about it???

Old 01-13-2006, 12:47 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Well Joe........

HMMMMMM I do need to test the amp in an Ultra...........

Well keep in touch! Id love to do it on a day like today but snow IS coming!!!

PEZ

Old 01-13-2006, 12:02 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joe Scout
Hey Pez, you know I have the Ultra, and I'm willing to use my ride as the test bike! How about it???
Hmmmmz someones nose is looking a little brown j/k

Quick Reply: Hogtunes Ultrasound Kit