Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing light scratches from chrome

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing light scratches from chrome

I just put a new set of pipes on my wifes Deluxe. While prepping them I placed the pipes on a large piece of clean cardboard. After installing I noticed some very light scratches on the surface either from the cardboard, or maybe some light grit on the cardboard. Does anyone know of a product, or procedure to remove these? The scratches are very light and I guess I will live with them, but would rather remove them if possible. Any help would be great, and save my a** with the wife!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Removing light scratches from chrome

There is no way to remove scratches from chrome unfortunately.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:30 PM
pled55
Road Master

i have found over the years unless it's a very large scratch or gouge
nobody knows it's there but you .it may be the first but unfortunitly
it wont be the last . they sort of add character think of it that way

Old 12-29-2007, 03:31 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

Try this.

Simichrome is the finest all metal polish in the world... It's unique, finely mixed formula produces a rich, brilliant shine on any uncoated, non-ferrous, metal surface. Perfect for chrome, silver, brass, gold, copper, pewter, aluminum, magnesium, stainless steel, even plexaglass.

In addition to restoring the original luster, Simichrome also leaves a thin, invisible, protective film which lasts much longer than other brands of polish. The shelf life is about five years stored cool and dry.

A solid favorite for home, industry, auto, motorcycle, antique users and more. Metal working, plastics and other industries have discovered that Simichrome is the perfect product to polish tool die molds, extrusion dies... Anywhere an ultra fine final polishing is required.

Happich Simichrome polish meets Military Spec. MIL P 6888 A (ASG). This product is made in Germany.

mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

Try this.

Simichrome is the finest all metal polish in the world... It's unique, finely mixed formula produces a rich, brilliant shine on any uncoated, non-ferrous, metal surface. Perfect for chrome, silver, brass, gold, copper, pewter, aluminum, magnesium, stainless steel, even plexaglass.

In addition to restoring the original luster, Simichrome also leaves a thin, invisible, protective film which lasts much longer than other brands of polish. The shelf life is about five years stored cool and dry.

A solid favorite for home, industry, auto, motorcycle, antique users and more. Metal working, plastics and other industries have discovered that Simichrome is the perfect product to polish tool die molds, extrusion dies... Anywhere an ultra fine final polishing is required.

Happich Simichrome polish meets Military Spec. MIL P 6888 A (ASG). This product is made in Germany.

mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

Try this.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member

Do we havea stuttering problem?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
pled55
Road Master

i noticed that to what the hell's that all about?

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
murph3204
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe try some semichrome polish.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:52 PM
NJMadDog
Cruiser

I am not 100% sure but I think mrsr71endorses using something called simichrome