Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush/Fuel Moto Custom Dyno Tuned Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:27 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rush/Fuel Moto Custom Dyno Tuned Mufflers

This type of new muffler modification created by Jamie with Fuel Moto looks & sounds like what many of us have been looking for in a muffler. If I'm reading the information correctly, it looks as though each muffler has a different size baffle in order to deliver better performance like a 2 into 1; the baffles have also been wrapped with a new type of packing which quiets them down to a more pleasing sound. If you already have Rush mufflers and want more performance with less sound, you can supposidly order the new baffles and or needed componets to make them work on your bike.Listening to the attached sound clip, I would probably compare them to the newScreamn' Eagle Street Performance (slash down) Touring mufflers, but with a little more rumble.
Take a listen to the sound clip and let me know what you think; would like to hear from those of you whoare looking for something between stock and loud,currently runningRush pipes or this new set up.

http://fuelmotousa.com/rush_fuelmoto

Old 12-28-2007, 02:45 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rush/Fuel Moto Custom Dyno Tuned Mufflers

Several of us here have already installed Jamies kit.......It works...It's worth every penny....and I would do it again.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer

I know Fuel Moto uses some type of German manufactured exhaust packing to wrap the baffles, but would like to know what size baffle the use in the right and left muffler?

Old 12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Thirdup
Tourer

The right is a stock 2". The left is a 1.5" modified if I recall.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

THe packing Material is German it is called Silent Sport.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

All correct except the left is a 1.75 that Jamie then modifies down to 3/4"......

Rush muffs use interchangable baffs.....They look the same outside.....

What Jamie did was play with the effects till he got 2 into 1 performance from a stock setup.....Unlike tru duals, you get the looks of duals, but the TQ and HP of 2 into 1 for lots cheaper than either.

It works...It's worth every penny....and it's as simple as twisting a few wrenches and plugging it all in.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Sportshot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would sure like to hear the stock pipes in the same dyno test as the Jamie set up. I have a 07 SG and still want to make mine run and sound better.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:22 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Forget comparing the stock pipes to ours by listening to any internetvideo...I can and have jacked this computer into my 2400 watt stage system with 18" subs and it don't even come close to how they sound in person. They rattle the windows and I feel them in my chest cavity, but they don't make me flinch or wanna hold my ears.

......You already know how badly the stock pipes "whisper".....yours sound exactly like mine did up till last month, so I call them a whisper.

Jamies pipes are rather loud, but not harsh....They get much louder when you twist the wick but never sound harsh, just louder and deepr.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:09 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer

I don't have fuel injection on my 97 Road King, other than rejetting the carburator, would I need to install any additional hardware with the newmodified Rush mufflers? Aside from gaining performance, how much difference is there in gas milage from stock Harley mufflers? Last but not least, would you say that new modified mufflers are quieter than the 1.50" stock Rush baffles and what other muffler would you compare them sound to? At 57 years of age I still like a little rumblewithout the ear ringing from a set of loud pipes, especially after a long run. All comments on sound, performance and gas milage would be greatly appreciated..........Billy Bob [align=right]
[/align]

Old 12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

With a carbed '97 you don'twant Jamies "touring bike kit"....It's designed for the new fuel injected bikes.

I suggest to chat with him on the phone about muffs and jetting for your bike.