Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender to hard bag filler for FLTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:56 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fender to hard bag filler for FLTR

I went with the Chrome Fillers as they did not make a color matched to the Orange... They will fit great if you relocate the antenna which I went with a hidden antenna inside the fairing

Old 12-28-2007, 03:51 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright guys, Santa got me this little beauty for Christmas, now I need to throw it on. A couple of quick questions. First, where will I run the wires on the left side of the bike? Do they tuck up under the fender rails? And second, I want to go with the 3m tape method, which is the best to buy? Any special type needed, or will any double sided tape work? Thanks again, I will install it this weekend, if I can stand the cold in the garage.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the filler strips from Hotop (in drag or other catalog). They fill the gap much better than the HD ones. Unpainted are less that $50. Click the little camera icon over below my avitar pic. There are some pics of them in my gallery.

Oh yea, welcome to the forum & congrats on the new RG!

Zach- great pics! But.... What's that chrome huetemus sticking out on the right side? [8D]

Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 PM
BoDawg
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for all the info. The RG I ordered is candy red sunglo. I see that the SG is not offered in that color. Does anyone know if one of the two shades of black the SG is offered in matches the stripe on the candy red RG? Ifthere is a match,that could be an option that would look good and compliment the stripes. Any thoughts?

Old 12-30-2007, 02:00 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BoDawg

Thanks again for all the info. The RG I ordered is candy red sunglo. I see that the SG is not offered in that color. Does anyone know if one of the two shades of black the SG is offered in matches the stripe on the candy red RG? Ifthere is a match,that could be an option that would look good and compliment the stripes. Any thoughts?
You sure about that? I know I have seen the SG in Candy red sunglo. I almost traded my rk custom in for it... it is one sweet color.

EDIT: I just checked the hd site, and it does not list a candy red sunglo color as an option for the sg, but I am sure I have seen them... in person... am I losing my mind, or is it just no longer an option...