Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dalton and PhilM--ENGINE BUILDERS not just Assemblers

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:31 AM
cwilks
Banned
Default RE: Dalton and PhilM--ENGINE BUILDERS not just Assemblers

YES...YES...All Hail Phil and Guy...the masterful all great Engine BUILDERs....we ALL bow to your undeniable talents and also to your limitless supply of $$$$$....BLAH....BLAH...BLAH [sm=joke.gif]

Just jokin' guys....great job....I think I hate you

Old 12-28-2007 | 10:46 AM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

Great GUYS AND GREAT BUILDERS!......PHIL if D&D EVER comes back from vacation, I will find out about that pipe, if you get in a bind, I got chrome ones here, and I am going to put a chrome on on my Glide, I will loan you that one, till they come back to work on the 7th, just let me know.

Bart

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:11 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks guys, but I am no different than the rest of ya'll. Plenty of folks have helped me along the way, including on this build. When / if a guy gets a chance to give something back, then it's all worth while.

Thanks to ALL those that have helped me!

Bart (who is HIGH on that list), if you don't mind, I just might take ya up on that offer. If I have a pipe I can get this puppy running before I have to go back to work. I promise to take good care of it!

Folks ~ there's an example of some SERIOUS cust svc - just one of many we have whitnessed from Bart!

Old 12-28-2007 | 11:14 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

I couldn't agree more, but would correct you on one thing. While 95", 103" and 107" kits are designed as bolt ons, the 113" kit you mention is not a simple kit.A 4" Bore or greater requires case boring to fit the cylinders. The biggest bolt on kit available for the 2007 and later 96" upgrades would be the 107" in which the cylinder will fit the stock case. Just a point of interest.

Old 12-28-2007 | 03:13 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for all the accolades, but it is not running yet .

As Phil says, there is quite a network of people that we have stayed in touch with throughout this. Knowledge sharing is what this is all about, and it would be so much more difficult without those we have been on the phone with , including each other almost on a daily basis.

Most any of you with a little mechanical aptitute could do this build, itis just painstaking progress though to check and double check. PITA is all the different tools you need to get it done, torx, allen keys in both socket style and ball end, inch pound and ft. lb torque wrenches, and the list goes on and on, but if you have a good set of tools, or know a neighbor that does, you could do this too.

Glideman, you are right in that once you go beyond 107" it is truly not a bolt in anymore, once you start having to split cases, it does become much more complicated.The point was that all the little quirks of this build will be ironed out, andHQ will have everything sized and Darkhorse and any others that do case boring will have a pretty solid template to work from.The next one I do, or even Rob that is starting his after the first of the year, will have a faster go of it.

Old 12-28-2007 | 03:25 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

i sure am glad we got together on these issues, and yes mine will be easier as darkhorse is making sure of that from what Guy learned.... allthough i must say Phil and Guy had much more to add then i have...and i sure thank Guy and Phil!!!! end of next week should be the start of my fun...