Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Dennis Murawski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel Chock

Thanks Jim. From the picture it looked as if there was an adjustment for where the follower pivots in the base. Then again, if the wheel doesn't extend to the front of chock, I'm not sure how stable the unit will be. I'm anxious to hear about your results.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:13 AM
hoz88
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rocknrod

Wow, Im peeved. There is one EXACTLY like this I bought for a Buck fifty.[:@]
+1

This looks JUST like the Bike Pro that I paid $150 for - right down to the mounting bracket. If it is in fact the same, they work great on baggers - even my Road King with the lowered Native Custom fender.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
bucs012
Road Master

Not sure if this picture is of any help about hitting the bagger fender. http://www.motorcycleramps.com/image...ro-chock-9.jpg

Old 01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
rflowers65
Advanced

I bought one last week and used it to haul the Heritage Softail I just sold ~400 miles. It held great even through the huge bumps and craters through NY yesterday (Sunday).

You *must* adjust it for the size tire it's holding (before you put the bike on it) ... note the three holes where the fulcrum piece mounts. Since the FLSTC and FLHT both use the same size tire I can say you definitely need to move the swivel piece down to the lowest hole. Even the middle hole will keep the tire up in the air and a little less stable. Only tighten the side bolts/nuts on that fulcrum piece until they *just* start to cause a friction or you'll be spitting four-letter words when you try to get it out of the chock ... it's held pretty securely as designed (with the weight of the bike on that swivel) without "if a little snug is good then gorilla tight must be better" applied.

I strapped the front of the frame forward ... "just in case", and the rear of them frame out to the sides to keep it from rocking side-to-side. It was rock solid.

I realized once there in the store that the price was $60 vs $40 online. The desk jockey said the same as others have posted. "Just print the cheaper price out and bring it in and we'll credit you the difference." ... but that's the OL's job to deal w/ for me. ;-)

Happy travels,
Robert

Old 01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dennis Murawski

Thanks Jim. From the picture it looked as if there was an adjustment for where the follower pivots in the base. Then again, if the wheel doesn't extend to the front of chock, I'm not sure how stable the unit will be. I'm anxious to hear about your results.
I finally tried it and it does not hit the fender. My only concern now is how tight it squeezes the tire in front. It is very narrow and the tire doesn't ride against the front of the chock, it is sqeezed between the sides of the chock. I'm afraid it will damage the sides of the tire, especially if bouncing around on a trailer.

It also will have to be anchored to the floor to get the bike on/off the chock. I was hoping it wouldn't slide around on the floor, but it does. I had to block the front to get the bike on and jack the bike up to get the chock out from under the wheel. I intend to anchor it to the floor, but not before I tried it for clearance from the fender, which doesn't appear to be a concern. It still looks like it will be a real chore to back it out of the chock.

Probably still a good buy for $40.

Jim

Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
GDaddy
Advanced

ORIGINAL: BillyG0856

Has anyone had any experience using this particular chock?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349

Thanks,
Billy G
I have one by ProSport that looks exactly like it. Holds the bike in place for one-man operation. Just got back from pulling the bile 845 miles. Mine has an additional wheel strap. That way you don't have to compress the front forks. Also, mine has a mounting plate that stays attached to the trailer and the wheel chock is then quick release. Got mine on Ebay a couple of years ago..

Old 01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Dennis Murawski
Cruiser

Thanks for the information guys. I purchased it, and yes that 20% off coupon posted earlier was honored by my local Harbor Frieght store. For $32 I couldn't resist. I noticed that the base has an opening that would allow you to strap the wheel down. Now I'm going to try to construct a wheel harness that won't slip off the wheel and add extra protection when transporting.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
rk1121
Advanced

ORIGINAL: prestaino

Bought one and it works on my Harley Electra Glide and BMW 1200 GS bolted it to a work table...
Pat

Here is a 20% off coupon.... Even a better deal Pat from Joisey
Can we post this somewhere else on the site so people can take advantage of their Hydraulic Lifts Also....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=14

Thanks for the coupons Prestaino. I will be stopping by Harbor Freight tomorrow to pick one of these up. What a deal

Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought 4 of these last Sat. for myself and coworkers.They wouldn't take the coupon though.They said it was not theirs even though it has their name on it,because it didn't have a exsperation date on it.Haven't had a chance to try it yet.I bought mine on the North side of Houston.