Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Handle bars???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
chiefparry
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Handle bars???

I just got a pair of heritage bars for my 2001 RC thinking these are what I needed to add a couple more inches in hieght so I can clear my knees on the tight turns. But after looking at them and comparing them to what is already on the bike, I think they are the same. I can not really tell they are much taller. Comparing the new ones to the mounted ones is tough, but they look the same. I got my bike used soI do not know what the original bars for this year should be, if they where infact already switched over. I was hoping not to have to change out my cabels as well. My aviator will show you what i have on the bike now. If you can tell, are they the heritage bars? I'm a taller guy and need a couple inches taller but nothing narrower or pulled back any farther. I hope I have explained myself. Any Ideas?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Handle bars???

Hard to say with that little picture..... But they do look like OEM Road King Classic Bars as OEM Herutage Bars look more like Mini Apes

Here's my '01 RKC with Wild 1's WO508 (There Road King Bar)...

Old 12-26-2007, 12:09 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hard to tell. If those aren't Heritage bars they certainly are very similar to Heritage bars. Yours may be a bit wider though.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the swap you are doing to a friends bike, yourbars look like stock RK bars. Heritage bars are noticeably narrower and taller. Take the bars bake to the dealer and look at a Heritage on the floor.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to "handlebar" replacment. At the bottom is a handlebar spec sheet for Harleys. The oranged line 55919-82 and 82T are the stock OEM bar's. I believe they changed to "T" in 2001. This will give you an idea of the bar sizes.

http://www.moccsplace.com/images/har...r/hbarspct.htm

Hope this helps

Frank

Old 12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
chiefparry
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for this ctmedic. The parts number sheet on the HD wesite does not say the model. this will help. I think I do need to go to the dealer and see what the other bikes there have. Thanks for the feed back you all.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ctmedic

Here is a link to "handlebar" replacment. At the bottom is a handlebar spec sheet for Harleys. The oranged line 55919-82 and 82T are the stock OEM bar's. I believe they changed to "T" in 2001. This will give you an idea of the bar sizes.

http://www.moccsplace.com/images/har...r/hbarspct.htm

Hope this helps

Frank
Am I wrong or does it seem that the Road King High barsmay besimilar to the Heritage Classic bars? If that's the case then perhapsI should spendthe extra $100 and opt for the Wild One508 bars which seem to have good pullback but aren't quite as high.Opinions on this anyone??

Tom

Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom

I ended up with the Road King High Bars for a couple of reasons. Though the height is the almost the same as the heritage bars, the pullback was alot more. It allowed me to move the bars to a much more comfortable position. I did the job myself so it allowed me to sit on the bike and have someone tighten them when it felt right. The pullback allowed for me to have flextion in my arms insted of them being strait out extended, unless I am leaning back into my backrest.

I would however do a seat change unless your happy with the stock seat, before you decide on bars. It may seem trivial, but Mustang Seats bring you forward and up about an inch or so, corbins seems to lower you and so on.

Just my .02 cents.

Frank

Old 12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
wglide69
Intermediate

I have a 08 RKC on the way. I understand the 08 barsare a bitcloser reach than the 07s and prior, is this true?Sitting on an 08 RKC, the reach is still a bit much....only 5'9". I was thinkin' maybe ofgoing to Heritage bars, if need be, on the 08 or something similar as suggested in other posts.

Are my options for the 08 the same as previous yearswith the fly-by-wire,etc....? And the big question, is the changeout more complicated or costly than on older RKCs??

Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Those look very much like heritage bars. In my pic those are electra glide stardards. Put heritage on later and did'nt like'em, they're taller with more of a turned out grip. Going to chubbies this winter. That means new cables and lot's more labor.

Quick Reply: New Handle bars???