Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ear Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
GlennsGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ear Plugs

Hi Guys
Having some problems with Tinitus ( Yeh Yeh I'm an old fart ) whilst riding my scoot and am looking at wearing some ear plugs to hopefully help the situation.
Does any one wear ear plugs if so do they help with Tinitus and what brand/type do you recommend.
Thanks
GlennsGlide

Old 12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Ear Plugs

Just buy the chaep ones for now. Hit a ralley and have some of those specially made for your ears. They will cost around $100 foe the good ones. Riding many years without ear protection can catch up to you real quick.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 PM
RonB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you mean, came back from a trip and my ears seemed fine, went to bed and woke up because I thought my smoke detector was going off, Ears have been ringing non stop for about 3 months, im wearing ear protection now, but apparently the damage is already done.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:19 PM
HDCat
Cruiser

Try the Hearos brand, sold at your local Wal-Mart. They have a high NRR rating (32dB) and are super-soft. They will definitely block any wind noise (buffeting) you might be getting. I've worn them for a few years now and it really helps to eliminate the weary feeling you may get after a long ride.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Believe it or not there is a place on the net called The Ear Plug Store. They have every type of ear plug you could ever want.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree with the others, get some of the cheapies for now..Wife and Idid the custom ones that are molded to you ear..I like those..Sounds funny but I can hear the stereo better..
That is when I am wearing my half helmet...I started wearing a 3/4 with a face shield and have a tough time withthem..if they move around you can't adjust them unless you take the helmet off...Some information on this web site that might help...
Hearing loss will sneak up on you before you know it...Funny, none of the guys I ride with wear a helmet or use ear protection...Guess I'm the odd ball in the group...

http://www.azearprotection.com/motorsports.htm

Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I've been dealing with severe Tinitus for 30 some odd years now. LOUD ringing in both ears 24/7, and substantial hearing loss. I did spring for the expensive hearing protection that is custom fitted to try and preserve what hearing I have left. I wear them every time I ride.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Stolimartini
6th Gear

I rode today with with the soft foam ear plugs. They were great for the wind, but I could not hear the stereo. I've been told to wait for Bike Week and have some custom made. Anyone know the the process?

Old 12-23-2007, 05:20 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

went to bed and woke up because I thought my smoke detector was going off, Ears have been ringing non stop for about 3 months, im wearing ear protection now, but apparently the damage is already done.
Get your ears checked asap
A b40 rocket went off about 4 feet from me in Vietnam. I have the ringing in both ears and deaf in my left one with only 60% left in my right one. Take care of them you only get 2.
I use a type of ear muff on my ears and use the ear phones for my radio. Helps a lot. I can't use ear plugs because the left ear has grown skin over the inside because of the damage.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlennsGlide

...Does any one wear ear plugs if so do they help with Tinitus and what brand/type do you recommend...
I've been wearing "Quiet Ear" for some time (http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/quietnrr14.html). They are available in three different sizes for large, medium, or small ear canals.

As there are many different causes of tinnitus (not all are noise related), earplugs may or may not help.

Quick Reply: Ear Plugs