Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Lights for a FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:02 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fog Lights for a FLHX

Have put 50K plus on our Motolights and have never noticed the bounching that you are describing.

Good Luck

Old 12-24-2007, 10:13 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless your wheels coming off the ground the motolights should stay pretty even with the ground I'd think.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

We did the ALCAN on a Buell with the Motolights.

Never noticed any issues with the lights bouncing.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:23 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Which engine guard are you going to put the lights on?
Tom

Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 AM
continentaldrifter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Piaa Xtreme...........just like it says.extremely bright light

[IMG]local://upfiles/32005/30279377454847B88F0F90A561E201E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2007, 11:50 AM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: StGlide07

I have nothing against MotoLights. However, local HD mechanic stated there were install issues w product. Broad statement; need to find out what was the issue.
Hence asking the forum for useful input.
I am not much of a mechanic but I had no problems installing 2 pair. Took maybe 45 minutes.

My local dealer here in Tampa liked mine so much, they became a dealer/installer for Motolight. Have a display at the parts counter.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:03 PM
burdes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the HD fog lights. I'm prepared to do the install, but would like to wire them to the ACC switch on the 06 EGC. Forgive me for the stupid questions...How do I wire the lights to the ACC switch? I'd like to do away with the switch provided with the kit an install them so I can use them with the hi beam light. I'd think that if wired correctly to the ACC rocker switch, I could have them on all the time. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything but references to using the rocker switch.

thanks in advance.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
roadkingdave
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the driving lights on my FLHX and wired theACC wire (orange / white) directly to the lampsinstead of the lead from the headlight that the instructions say to use. This will keep your fog or driving lights on when you switch your hign beams on. Just remember to turn them off when you have your ignition switch on ACC and listening to tunes. Good luck!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:05 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: twedlake

i certainly agree that the HD lights are a better choice however I will tell you that you should do yourself a favor and get a couple of extra relays to throw in your saddlebags. I've had mine for about 8 months now and the first time i used the lights (2 days after i put them on) they worked for about 2 hours then wouldn't come on after that. Turned out to be the relay had gone bad. I changed it and off I went again. 2 months went by and then WHALA! out again. so back to the HD shop and picked up a hand full of them and threw em in the saddlebags.

Friend of mine is a HD mechanic, said they have constant problems with that cheap-assed relay. One would think that for $135 HD would use a quality relay like BOSCH to power their lights. Cheap *****.... and of course they used some jacked up socket for that particularrelay so unless you want to cut wires off the socket then you have to use their relay....

Exact same thing happened to me with the new air horn HD came out with. Put it on the bike, it blew the first time and never again. This time they were smart enough to use a common type auto relay so I just went down to autozone and bought a 30A BOSCH relay.

PAY ATTENTION HD!!!!!!!
I would imagine these are standard automotive relays, the same you can buy at Auto Zone for $2. If so, try globbing some dielectric (silicone) grease on the contacts and along the seams to keep water out. I had some sporadic problems with the relay on my Rivco air horns and the grease stopped it.