Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What head set/communications do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What head set/communications do you use?

I also wear a 1/2 helmet, and didnt like the sound quality of the stock HD headsets. I purchased a real good pair of Sony, noise canceling in-the-ear headphones, and modified my MoCo system by cutting off the speakers, and installing a female jack to accomodate the Sony headphones. It blocks out a lot of wind and road noise while giving me excellent sound qualities. I can use the CB, MP3 player, XM radio, Intercom with very positive results. This type of mod may not be for all, but it serves and satifies my needs... Here are a couple images of the final product...

Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
tata455
Advanced

Any links to the throat mikes? This sounds like a slick set up!! I had never thought of Bike to Bike communications until recently. I am getting into the idea. NO more yelling at each other!! Hmmm, what a concept!! [8D]

Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Bluerose

I'm usin the HD headsets which for now are just fine and were free to me.....I really only use them for the CB and intercom (don't lik the music directly in my ears)

If you want a bluetooth system you might look into Blueant I believe they have both full and 1/2 helment versions. They wrk within about 500 feet of each other and as an intercom (plus you can use your cell...though I think that is a con and not a pro[&:]). The only thing I have heard bad is that they don't last long if you try t play your music from something like a Zumo.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I use the MOCO headsets on 1/2 helmets..I just mounted the bracket to the helmet and then had soft material sewnto the helmet vstrap tohold the speakers in place looks and works great. This setup would work with most headsets without any drilling or mods to the helmet.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

J&M Slide-in Shorty-Style Stereo Helmet Headset w/HO Mike

I have the stock HD radio and Zumo 550.

I am using the helmet headset for CB and bluetooth calls. There is a special (low cost) interface that allows you to plug into the 2.5mm jack on the Zumo bike mount (located above the Zumo audio out 3.5mm jack) and allows you to use your helmet headset for both CB and bluetooth.

Simple, clean, inexpensive and crystal clear calls at 70mph!