Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install costs

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Install costs

Your buddy was charged the average price:

I have a quote sitting right here from several dealers for my 07 superglide:

Vance hines Big radius
SE stage 1 ac
Power commander
dyno
Total::: $1550

I don't think so:::
I just bought my SE stage 1 yesterday at 15% off it cost me $120
I will get my PCIII from fuel moto for about $270
I will get my pipes from eastern performance $514
Total $904 a 12pack and its done $550 buck's saved to buy forward controls and gas and more beer.
The power commander comes pre loaded and ready to go from fuel moto and you get the software with it.

I am buying things pcs by pcs like said just picked up the AC yesterday get the pcIII and pipes in january after xmas and by spring and the snow clears we will be sounding bad *** and riding with some new toys.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:22 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I did mine myself and saved the $99/hr. that my overpriced (but good) dealer charges. I let them do some warranty work and the IDS because of the elbow grease discount.

NOTE: thoroughly clean your pipes with window cleaner before you fire up the bike. Any fingerprints or grease will be permanent if you don't.

When I installed the PCIII, I had to set the 0 throttle which should be done by everyone who uses one. It is simple if you have a laptop. Even if you use the fuelmoto PCIII with the correct map, it still needs to be done.
Steve L.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM
FastUltra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did my brother's '07 SG. We added Rhinehart tru-duals, Ness Big Sucker, and a PClll usb. Took us about 2.5 hrs and with the PClll it was tuned faster than you can say "It's tuned!!" Do the work yourself and enjoy the experience! Then save the $$$ you saved on labor for a 103" big bore kit!!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:39 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Yep, it's all bolt on stuff.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep..............the dealer is going to stick you on the parts and the labor both....Time to ween yourself from them.

You can do it with simple hand tools......and you can do it mo-better, mo-fasterif you know another biker who has done it already.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

NOTE: thoroughly clean your pipes with window cleaner before you fire up the bike. Any fingerprints or grease will be permanent if you don't.

When I installed the PCIII, I had to set the 0 throttle which should be done by everyone who uses one. It is simple if you have a laptop. Even if you use the fuelmoto PCIII with the correct map, it still needs to be done.
Would not have thougth about the pipes thank you and i assume your talking about zero position throttle. I will ask more questions when i do the bike no doubt.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you have a 08. Only one out for 08 is sert as far as i know (now that i am finished i don't keep up) and not so easy to tune but can be done and i prefer to have a dyno done by a machine rather than my ***. Worth the extra ducks to get it right for me.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:47 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro, Let me try to say it another way. I'm a Computer guy with very limited moto mechaninc skills.

My pipes took 45 mins reading directions.
PCIII 1 hour because I couldn't fine the front O2 sensor.
stage 1 a/c 30 mins just being slow

let the dealer do the map

DO the rest yourself

Old 12-23-2007, 06:54 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your still worried about doing the work. The first thing I learned about getting a hog is the hog family will help you. look at the post all overthis forum its whats the harley family is all about.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:24 AM
On the Road Again
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all...first post to this forum...Just bought an '06 Road King....love the bike and want to change stock pipes to V&H Ovals slip ons...not much of a wrench but would like to try this myself and save the $$. Any tips on doing this? Also, have extended warranty..would new pipes void warranty?

Quick Reply: Install costs