Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only one out of 3 parts installed....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Bluerose
Default Only one out of 3 parts installed....

Tonight was the first night I've had to add the extras I bought for the bike last weekend. My plans were to install the Regulator cover (74543-00), the Fork Slider End Slider Kit (46282-07), and the 3 bag windshild bags.

So I started with the Regulator Cover. This was sort of a gag for Hubby cause it was the first thing I put on my deluxe and he kept asking whyI hadn't bought it. I got all the nuts changed out and went to put it on but the fit was awful and it really didn't look right. So back in the plastic it went...[:@]

Next I tried the Fork Slider End Slider Kit . I thought they were kinda cool for covering the Axle bolts....no luck....Won't fit with ABS. So back in the box they go....guess I'll just get the standard axle nut covers...[:@]

I did manage to put on windshild bags....they look nice. Decided with the $$ saved from the returned parts I'll buy a lower windshield.[&:]

Old 12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Only one out of 3 parts installed....

I hate when that happens, been there done that. Good luck in the future. Try the clearview shield with recurve, thats my next one to get. Get a shorter shield with 2 inch more protection on the recurve. Many say that it works awesome.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:31 AM
The Worm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watchout for windshield height with the 3 bag storage unit. I chaqnged to 6 1/2" high shield and bag corners show outside the shield footprint. May have to buy 2 bag and use when I have lower shield on.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 AM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

D'Oh!

Sorry to hear about that but some money saved .....

I loved those forke end sliders, too. One of the cooler pats available ad was disappointed that they won't fit mine either. Dealer says the version that will fit are about 10 months away, so maybe later in the new year.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: nixonmg

Watchout for windshield height with the 3 bag storage unit. I chaqnged to 6 1/2" high shield and bag corners show outside the shield footprint. May have to buy 2 bag and use when I have lower shield on.
Hmmm good thought.

ORIGINAL: arthur
D'Oh!

Sorry to hear about that but some money saved .....

I loved those forke end sliders, too. One of the cooler pats available ad was disappointed that they won't fit mine either. Dealer says the version that will fit are about 10 months away, so maybe later in the new year.
Guess I'll wait [:@] That whole thing about buying the bike early in the year