Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GW vs Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
dropone
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GW vs Ultra Classic

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Bluerose

I will say his back seat is definatly bigger. Mine...especially with the backrest is pretty cramped. I'm not petite but not huge.

I bought a cooler to fit on the back seat. It's 12x12 square...thought it would fit no problem but it pushes the backrest forward. I throw it on his and it does fit with no problem. Considering moving the tour pak back farther for the dang cooler[&:]

Old 04-18-2008, 04:16 PM
recross
Tourer

Hey Rose..that's why I had suggested a soft sided cooler...my wife carry's one behind her and it kinda molds to the back of the back rest without crowding it.....bC

Old 04-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Capt Jim
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had one wing and lots of Ultras, Being 5' not enough, the HD fits better.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
gdonaharley
Intermediate

Simple. If you have to ask. Buy the Goldwing. You don't "get" why we own Harley's.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Moon
when youre on a Honda....you arrive.
i got it because i wanted a motorcycle that i could ride that did not spend time on a trailer or time being fixed.
Are you under the impression you will experience a higher probability of getting to your destination on a GW over an HD? How many HD's have you seen on the road, stranded and needing repair? I've ridden for decades and in the modern era ('83 and beyond) I could count on half the fingers of one hand the HD's I've seen stranded on the side of the road for reasons not related to tires or other non-reliability issues. I rode a RK 106k miles through 33 states in nine years and it never failed me once, and the the bike required very few repairs over and above maintenance, none on the drivetrain itself.

one more thing....whats the deal with wantinga Harley......the way i see it, the better a bike is it, the better chance I will get to where I am going.
You have a high probability of getting where you're going with anything these days. Other than bikes made in ex-Soviet-block countries, I can think of none that are not well-made and reliable. If you don't "want a Harley," do don't want one. It's that simple, and you probably won't ever understand the phenomenon. Suggesting that an HD is unreliable on an HD forum is rather inappropriate, especially since it isn't true.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
gdonaharley
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Blue Moon

pulled up at a restaurant, got off and walked in...sat down and somebody askes...."is that a Harley?" and Iproudly say "no."
this has happened several times because most ignorant people thinkall bikes are Harleys. That is great marketingnotgreat machine.

when youre on a Honda....you arrive.

i got it because i wanted a motorcycle that i could ride that did not spend time on a trailer or time being fixed.

one more thing....whats the deal with wantinga Harley......the way i see it, the better a bike is it, the better chance I will get to where I am going.
This is the funniest thing I have read on this forum in some time. Hey blue moon, we have landed on the moon. No kidding.I think this person has not read any discernible information since the mid 60's.[8D]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You might want to ask your wife what she thinks - mine said that if she wanted to be THAT comfortable we should take the car. She's right.She preferred the HD much to my surprise. She also said we can get a Wing when we're old ( 55 right now). I guessheart and soul means as much to her as it does to me. Also, people will walk rightpast a Wing as if it were invisible to get a look at your Hog. Pisses my Wing buddies off - makes me smile.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM
racklefratz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Fahpah
When I went to the Honda dealer, all he did was put down the Harley. ........Then, when I went toHD and talked to them they explained why they felt the UC was the best bike for me and its advantages of it over a GW.
Ahh, anecdotes. Ain't they great? I know that's how I make all my critical buy decisions; doesn't everyone?

Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 PM
racklefratz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: gdonaharley
You don't "get" why we own Harley's.
Pardon me, but if credibility is important to you, check your spelling.

It's "Harleys", not "Harley's".

If credibility's not an issue, fergettaboutit. Enjoy your happy illiteracy.

Quick Reply: GW vs Ultra Classic