Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pac brace

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:59 PM
trebin
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tour pac brace

Anyone using the brace that replaces the cable on the tour pac lid? I'm getting ready to install the rack to the top of the lid and had thought about going with the brace. Seems like the thing is a little flimsy as it is.....thanks...Tim

Old 01-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Older Guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tour pac brace

Tim,
I just had mine put on. Its a shame that you have to buy the whole kit just to get the piece that gives the rack support. I had been carrying a bag on top of the tour pac and it was caveing in the lid. I bought the kit and could not be happier. It realy gives the rack the support it needs ,also the lock works well. No problems.
Bandit

Old 01-03-2006, 07:19 PM
joearizona
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bandit
Is that a support under the Rack to give the Rack More support or the Bracket that replaces the Wire that holds the top up?????? I know there is a bracket to repace the wire.. I also carry a bag very often & am lokking to support the top alittle better when it's closed..
Joearizona

Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Trebin and Bandit are talking about 2 different things like JoeArizona noted. I think the tourpack lid brace that holds the lid open (in place of the cable) would come in handy if you had a center stand or something heavy on the luggage rack to keep the lid more secure in the open position as it would lock in place. I can't help on the underside luggage rack brace.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I have seen the brace on eglidegoodies.com and a friend of mine has one. It works really well and I will eventually put one on, but the price is a little steep for me right now. Gotta finish my skulls, SERT and cams this winter first. Oh yeah, forgot the Hogtunes and hidden antenna. And wait, forgot about the dyno tune when I'm done. Damn, the little brace will just have to wait for awhile[:@].

[sm=biker2.gif]