Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Posers

Just F'n ride.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:00 AM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hogwallop

Why is it that in order to be considered a biker by some, you have to dress specifically or own a bike for a certain period of time? Is there some sort of written code for bikers? Does a boater have to wear plaid pants with a pair of docksiders and a captains cap to be considered a real boater and not a poser or just own a boat?

Whatever floats your boat......wear what you want..........it's still a free country. Just be prepared to have your *** kicked by someone dressed in leathers if your caught in those plaid pants and captains cap.
I don't think those pants would go with my boat LOL

Live and let live, ride when you can and don't worry about labels

Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't ride nearly as much as I used to. Used to do all the rallys, drive to work and everywhere else. 35 years later I just can't do the same any more. Whether it be my family or lifestyle or work. I lug computer equipment around every day so I can't use the bike for work. Does that mean I am a poser? I don't really care what you call me. I wear what I want and ride when I want. It's a great country, ain't it?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 AM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

This is true
I dress for the fall not for the ride

Guess I am part poser, I have the dealer jacket. Oh Well?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:11 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't we all be bikers or bike enthusiasts...why do some have to be labeled anything?

Ride with the folks you like to ride with and don't worry about the rest!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
jackja25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some may call me a poser, some just a newbe. Frankly it does not matter. I bought my first HD last year. I dont know why, but I only wanted a HD. My wife said "Make sure it is what you what because nothing else will be coming in the future. Well, it is now 14 months later and I have purchased a new UG. And my loves it so much, that we ride as often as possible almost everywhere as long as temperatures above 35. Hate to drive past any dealerships, she has to have her clothes. The bottom line is who cares, nobody else is helping me with the payments.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey, chornbe, maybe a *** answer, but I have a cousin who rides a Yamaha V-twin. Before I had my accident I road a Lowrider. We had a family reunion and I got there first. Lots of the folks gauked at the Harley like it was the first one they ever saw. My cousin arrived a little later on his Yahama bagger, don't know what kind, but a V-twin also, I think he had done something to his baffles, bike sounded pretty good. For some reason, he had removed the emblem, or whatever was originally there, from his tank and someone asked him if his was Harley, too. He kind of sheepishly looked away and so Nah, Harley's too expensive. I guess, that's when I formed my opinion of what a poser was - hadn't even heard the word "poser" was until "Wild Hogs" came out. It appears that you apply Poser to all bikers, while I apply to anyone trying to make his bike look like a Harley. Maybe we're not using the same definition.

I road a Honda 750 forever before I could afford a Harley, and I didn't ride a V-twin, because if I couldn't ride Harley, I dang sure wasn't gonna ride a "look-like-a-Harley" bike. I didn't know what a poser was back then, but I had an idea about sacrilege.

ORIGINAL: chornbe

ORIGINAL: btefft

I figured Jap v-twins were the posers.
C'mon... that's an *** answer. They're simply an alternative bike. And a lot of them will run circles around a stock Harley if you're in to going fast. There are a **** ton more business suit wearing wannabes with extra income buying Harleys than there are buying other brands. Posers are the guys who spend more time cleaning than riding, then parking their bikes at the local bar or at the end of their driveway saying "look at me".

ORIGINAL: XfasteddieX

only people i can call a poser is the folks that buy a harley just to say they have one
Exactly!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Scootr
Road Master

Everyone is different. Ride what you want to and wear what you wantto and have fun. Don't care what everyone else thinks. I think posers are the ones that buy bikes and gear based on what other people will think of them. Bikers buy bikes and gear based on what they want and what works the best for them. My bike and gear choice has changed over the years to fit my style and for better function. The more you ride the more you adapt your equipment to suite your needs. I hope to continue making changes to make my experiences better and better.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
texaspirate
Road Captain

The only issue I have with a poser is not owning a bike at all! They wear the gear, t-shirts, wallets, stickers etc., but do not have a bike at all? The is what the term poser means to me. I have owned a motorcycle for over 40 years of my life. Some were British, some were Japanese, some were Italian and some were American.Themotorcycle life is about riding and enjoying what is around you while on a motorcycle. It does not mean anything to me what you ride as long as you ride.I have ridden Harley's for more years that any other make or model. I just get PO'd by those who act like they have a bike with all the crap and no bike to show for it! They have no clue about motorcycling and are the "true posers!"

Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe I'm starting to change my opinion. Seem's like a lot of you all feel that any biker with any bike, just enjoy riding is all it takes to NOT be a poser. That would include everyone who owns and rides a bike, trike, etc. so is it impossible for a biker to be a poser?

Hack

Quick Reply: Posers