Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posers

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
dhweber1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Posers

ORIGINAL: harleyboy67

Ahh yes the age old question, what makes someone a poser. I loved Wild Hogs so much that I bought it. I love to ride simple as that, I ride 5 miles, I ride 500 miles, I ride to work, weekends, holidays, whenever the mood hits me, I also drive my truck when the mood strikes. I wear what I feel like wearing, if it happens to be HD related, so be it.I have HD boots, chaps, T-shirts, doo-ragscause I like them, I wear all kinds of stuff with HD on it, so what, I also wear other clothes too. I ride in hot, cold, rain(not on purpose) I bought my first bike 10 years ago, an 883, now I have a RK, I think I deserve it after 20 years in the military. When I bought the 883 all I heard was, "youknow that's a girls bike, right?" Well it was my bike and I went everywhere on it. I figuredif I was going down it would be better to dump a $7000 bike, than a $17000 bike, sinceit was my first bike. I can proudly say I have never trailered my bike. I agree with alot of comments on here, just do what makes you happy and screw what others think. As my dad used to say, "if people would spend as much time worrying about themselves as theydo others, they would have a full time job"(great advice dad). I ride by myself, I ride with my wife, I ride with others. If you're curious as to a gathering of what some might call a RUB or Poser try doing the Love Ride sometime. Someone brought their bike to a trailer rally. Like I saiddo what makes you happy, after all nobody is paying your bills for you or are you a kept man, that's a whole nother subject.Just my two cents
Right on!Right on! Right on! Right on!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:05 AM
meanbite
Road Warrior

A poser is someone that trys to act like something they aren't. If you are a weekend rider that acts like a weekend rider you are not a poser. If you do what you want to do and don't give a ***** what anyone else thinks you are not a poser. If you go out of your way to try to impress others you ARE a poser. Are you smart enough to judge who is faking and who is real? I'm not. Bottom line, who gives a *****. Live and let live.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rodman813

ok ok...I'm a poser!!!!! I've even been call a RUB??? RUB=Rural Urban Biker (I think).....
Rich Urban Biker (aka dentist, etc). Usually muttered quietly by dentists and doctors as they're riding their BMWs

Stupid labels.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
dropone
Supporter

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] Is this s#!t for real do people really worry about this.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Black Lion
Tourer

My brother-in-law dresses "like a biker" and has all his 40-odd years. Lost his ride to some thieving bastard moe than 10 years ago, and simply can't afford another ride. But I don't consider him a poser not because he dresses "like a biker" but because he been the same dude for the 28 years I've known him. The "Harley life style" has bred the tought-guy crap since the old Hell's Angel's movies. A biker has always been thought of as a lawless dude who is wild and free. I think folks now days want that feel to get away from their busy business life styles and so they dress "like a biker" and try to act like one so they can escape their otherwise miserable or confining lives. Maybe not. I was not bless with that "tough-guy" look with the muscles and rugged build and all. I don't dress to suit anyone but me. Sometimes I even wear my cowboy had while riding. Now that gets some looks. It really is a personal thing. We all know people who we think "overdue" ****, not only their biker dress. So what. If you hang around people just cause you think they improve your image or dress for that purpose, well that is your thing, just don't expect some folks to think your anything but wierd. I've had too many bikes to remember and have had two harley's. Dosen't make me a biker, but then again I think what "makes you a real biker" is that you own a freakin bike. I now longer own a boat so I don't call myself a boater cause I "used" to own one. Look, if you own a bike, find the folks who you enjoy being with and forget about this "poser" ****. Just enjoy life and ride.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the drive thru threads better

Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a stupid thread! Silly biker - trailers are for boats!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Superglide 04
Tourer

Only a real poser would take the time to find the rules of being a biker and try to impose them onto others. A real biker has a passion for the sport, which everyone here has or they wouldn't be wasting time on this forum.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

To me the poser is the guy who has the giant H-D decal in the back window, H-D mudflaps, H-D license plate frame, H-D hitch insert, H-D air freshener hanging from the mirror, H-D steering wheel cover, H-D seat covers, H-D front license plate, H-D floor mats and the "I Rode Mine" patch on his H-D vest over his H-D t-shirt.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Globeracer
Cruiser

I saw it, I wanted it, I bought it. Never thought I needed permission or that I needed prior screening by real bikers. I wish someone would have told me.......damn.

Quick Reply: Posers