Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orlando Harley Rental?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:26 AM
crashbike310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orlando Harley Rental?

I am taking a Vacation to Orlando Florida soon and have a few questions regarding Harley rentals in Orlando area. Anyone live in that area?

1.Where to rent from? I saw 2-3 rental places in that area.
2.Suggestions on What bike to rent? Looking to try something new.... I own a RG Maybe rent a vrod.

thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 06:53 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Orlando Harley Rental?

You can't swing a cat without hitting a rental place. I remember seeing probably a 1/2 dozen rental places among my various trips down there. 3 years ago I rented from a place right off the exit where Seasons Four restaurant is. You can see it right from the east-west highway (I75? I5?). Google up Seasons Four restaurant in Google Maps, and RIGHT at the exit, bottom of the ramp is a little strip mall and the place is in there.

Sorry, I wish I had better info, but it was a spur-of-the-moment thing when we were down there.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master

It depends on where in Olando you are staying. Prices seem to be about the same everywhere. At least it's off season for rentals. I live in the area a will be glad to help if possible.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:35 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Harley Davidson of Orlando right off of I-4 rents them. Big place and you cant miss it. It's right near downtown Orlando exits...That would be East of Disney and Universal. BTW, be careful riding in Orlando. You got tons of out of towners and snowbirds there this time of year and they have no clue where they are going when they drive. They make the most eratic moves one will ever see. There's probably no place worse that I can think of to ride than Orlando. Sucky traffic and sucky drivers.

Your best bet for a good ride would be rent in Orlando and immediately headEast to Daytona or Cocoaarea. You can either take the Beach Line to Cocoa or I-4 to Daytona. If you know the backroads you can totally avoid I-4 to Daytona which is what I generally do. Would be worth it to check out the shore line and ride along the coast.

http://www.orlandoharley.com/miscpage_007.asp

Good luck.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Check out the H.O.G. Fly & Ride program. Orlando is on the list.

Questions are common regarding the differences between these two programs. In some ways, they're very similar; in others, quite different. The essential difference is this: The H.O.G.® Fly & Ride program is designed specifically as a benefit to H.O.G. members, while H-D Authorized Rentals caters more to the general public. Both programs make it easy to go thundering down the open road on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle when your own bike is hundreds or thousands of miles away. But no matter which option you choose, you're in for a great experience: riding the great roads of the world on the greatest motorcycle in the world. No question about it.

H.O.G.® FLY & RIDE H-D AUTHORIZED RENTALSWhat you'll pay US $100/day; US $700/week Varies by location (typically higher than H.O.G.® Fly & Ride rate)Where you can go 41 locations in the U.S. and Canada, plus Frankfurt, London, and Sydney More than 100 locations worldwide including the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Costa Rica, and Mexico.What you'll get Use of recent model H-D Touring motorcycle

H.O.G.® Fly & Ride Insurance

Unlimited mileage Use of a recent model H-D motorcycle (models vary by location, but may include models from the Sportster®, Dyna®, Softail®, or Touring family)

Use of H-D helmet, rainsuit, and motorcycle lock

Short-term luggage storage

24-hour emergency roadside assistance What you'll need Full or full life H.O.G. membership

25 or older

Valid motorcycle license 21 or older (age requirement varies by location)

Valid heavyweight motorcycle license

Renter must "possess the skills, knowledge, and ability to operate a heavyweight motorcycle"

Major credit card Covering your butt Liability insurance included for up to, but not more than, US $300,000 per accident. US $2,000 deductible for damage to vehicle. Subject to US $1,000 deductible in event of theft. Includes minimum insurance coverage required by law (varies by location). Additional coverage available for added cost. Reserving your bikeReservations must be made through the H.O.G. office in Milwaukee at least three weeks in advance (the number of bikes is limited, so make reservations early)

Minimum rental period: two days

Maximum rental period: three weeks
Reservation requirements vary by location, based upon availability For more info
1-800-CLUBHOG (1-800-258-2464)
414-343-4896 (Outside U.S.)
[URL=http://www.harley-davidson

Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Orlando HD has 3 rental locations, their main store, their east store which is off the 408 and if you're over near the theme parks then their old town store does rentals also. WarriorHD is right though, Orlando is one of the absolute worse places to ride. Get a bike and head out of town. Keep us updated, the Florida guys love to ride, we could probably show ya a good time.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
crashbike310
Cruiser

Thanks for the responses.

I have three uncles that live down there. 2 own harleys on owns a metric. Trying to get the three together for a ride.

Depending on what the weather is like down there, depends on what day I'll go for the ride. As it gets closer, I'll let the FL riders on the board know. Maybe we can meet up and go for a ride.

WarriorHD The coast sounds like a good ride. I was planning on getting away fom Orlando as I have heard that the driving is horrible.

I am Also looking forward to eating some Popeyes chicken. Love that stuff.

Any suggestions on what bike to rent other than a RG or RK? I want to try something new

Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Try an 08 UC, just rented one in NC when my bike had a IDS problem. I ride a 07 RKC and thought the front end of the UCwas a little sluggish in a Caddy sort of way but great sound system and luxury. After that ride I am convinced I will get a RG next.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Rent a bike...anywhere in Orlando. Pick a road (ask someone in Florida to ride with you)
and ride to St Augustine....or Ocala.......OR ride to daytona THEN to DST Augustine.
You didn't say how soon you were coming to Florisa and like everyplace else, the weather changes day-to-day. Hard to tell when it will be crappy here (tomorrow doesn't look good! LOL)
Give out a holler the day before you get here!

Chuck

Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WarriorHD

Harley Davidson of Orlando right off of I-4 rents them. Big place and you cant miss it. It's right near downtown Orlando exits...That would be East of Disney and Universal. BTW, be careful riding in Orlando. You got tons of out of towners and snowbirds there this time of year and they have no clue where they are going when they drive. They make the most eratic moves one will ever see. There's probably no place worse that I can think of to ride than Orlando. Sucky traffic and sucky drivers.

Your best bet for a good ride would be rent in Orlando and immediately headEast to Daytona or Cocoaarea. You can either take the Beach Line to Cocoa or I-4 to Daytona. If you know the backroads you can totally avoid I-4 to Daytona which is what I generally do. Would be worth it to check out the shore line and ride along the coast.

http://www.orlandoharley.com/miscpage_007.asp

Good luck.

So true warrier!

I just got back from a trip there.I rented from Orlando HD. 99 bucks a day (Daytona HD)wanted 150). I got the "rent 2 days get the third day free" althoughI think that special is over. I was staying near Daytona and rented from Orlando. We took I-50 to the coast and headed up the coastal highway back to Daytona. The next day we headed N. up thecoast to St. Augustine. Came back down interstate 1 later that day. Awesome ride!

Quick Reply: Orlando Harley Rental?