Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New S.E. Touring mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:49 PM
pab
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New S.E. Touring mufflers

To Hogwallop,
I too want to stay OEM, so I've decided to add the SE Muffs & A/C,but I'm undecided onwhether to go with the down load verses a SERT. Do you think it's necessay to go with the SERT to acheive the torque & h.p. results you stated, or would the results be close with a down load? SERTs & the dyno work that goes with them cost big $$$$.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
pab
Tourer

To anyone qualified to answer my question, please see my last post in this thread & help me.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: pab

To Hogwallop,
I too want to stay OEM, so I've decided to add the SE Muffs & A/C, but I'm undecided on whether to go with the down load verses a SERT. Do you think it's necessay to go with the SERT to acheive the torque & h.p. results you stated, or would the results be close with a down load? SERTs & the dyno work that goes with them cost big $$$$.
Well, a proper dyno tuning with a SERT WILL give you better results. However, you can always try the download first, and if it meets your needs and makes you happy, leave it at that. One thing though, the download will not get rid of the lean tuning of the engine as well as a full on dyno tune.

But again, you can always try the cheapy route, and if your not happy, THEN lay out the big bucks.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pab

To Hogwallop,
I too want to stay OEM, so I've decided to add the SE Muffs & A/C,but I'm undecided onwhether to go with the down load verses a SERT. Do you think it's necessay to go with the SERT to acheive the torque & h.p. results you stated, or would the results be close with a down load? SERTs & the dyno work that goes with them cost big $$$$.
With the SERT, you get the complete software kit, which if you decide to make changes to your engine down the road, you already have the bike specific SERT in your possesion. I've heard of folks that go the direction of the mapped down load and are happy with their results as well. The way I understand the SERT, it offers many options when used with a dyno to fine tune the performance of the engine over the standard mapped options of the down load. Your best bet is to find a reputable HD service dept. and ask them what will work best for you performance wise. For me it was more of wanting to cool the engine down and enrichen the mixture since I live in South Florida more than achieving more HP and torque. The stock parameters were just too lean which resulted in excessive heat in my opinion. By adding the SE air cleaner, SE touring mufflers and the SERT, the engine is more free breathing which it is now running coolerand the pinging stopped.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
pab
Tourer

Hogwallop & ww1flyingace,
What you guys say makes sense. What it now comes down to for me is the $$$$$. Thanks for your help guys.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
copperjohn
Cruiser

I swapped out a pair of the 64895-07's for the 07A's and there is a noticable differance in the sound level,the 07a's are just right for my 08 Ultra Classic,have not done the A/C yet or download,actually the bike is running perfect.hate to mess with it.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Fisherman 77
Intermediate

copperjohn

I have the downloads for the stage 1 air cleaner kit and the Heat mamagement download. My RK runs great with the SE touring mufflers.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pab, I did a Stage I download when I installed an SEAC along with street performance mufflers (64985-07). The Stage I download helped with that setup and the bike ran better than stock but still too hot for my liking. After a while, I decided that I was going to do some more upgrades so I installed a SERT(map100) with the CLB tables maxed out to 798. No other changes were made.That made a noticeable difference in performance over the Stage I download. The bike had better response in the low and mid RPM range which is what I wanted for a bagger.

I now have a 103" build with rebored cylinders vs. new SE jugs and 255 cams. The SERT came through very well for that upgrade (using map 106 now). I would say that you will get the most out of your bike regardless of the mod level with a SERT and dyno tune over just a download. Even if you don't get a dyno tune, a SERT map with only the CLB table entries increased will outperform a Stage I download. If you plan to do further mods, a SERT is clearly the way to go and a dyno tune will max out the bike's potential if done by a good tuner.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had problems with my SE touring slip-ons. Chrome flaking and a baffle that rattled after 1 yr. Went with the Rhineharts, love'm.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
belmac
Cruiser

is the 07a's louder or quiter than the 07's

Quick Reply: New S.E. Touring mufflers