Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN Large ISO-Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KURYAKYN Large ISO-Pegs

Anyone have these on their bagger? KURYAKYN Large ISO-Pegs w/ Stirrups. Looking for pics folded up and your opinion on them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2333/E94829ECD3764DEFB9595D7B59956515.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 AM
ricoman
Road Master
Default RE: KURYAKYN Large ISO-Pegs

Have iso-pegs on engine guard and also on Kuryakyn adjustable pegs for passenger with floor boards. Have not used pegs with stirrups, although people I know who use them really like them.
Also have iso-pegs on shifter and brake pedal.
Their iso-grips are fantastic- very comfortable.
Am very pleased with Kutyakyn quality, very good chrome and good install instructions.
Recently put thier rear license plate relo (below tail light) on my RKC - nice & clean look with halogen silver bullets for turn signals.
Visit their website.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Qball...

If you're looking for footpegs with stirrups I would suggest the Kuryakyn Swithcblades (HERE). The stirrups fold up into the footpeg so you have the option of running with or without them. It also cleans things up whenever you fold up the pegs.

I would strongly suggest to get a mount that DOESN'T allow the foot pegs to rotate, for angle adjustment, such as the Harley Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - 360 Degrees. Man, what a pain that was. Everytime I would extend the stirrup to use it the pressure from my heel would push the rotating section downward. No matter how much I would tighten the through bolt for the rotating section it would still slip. In fact the inner part of that section broke due to over tightening so that I had to install a longer stainless steel bolt and washer to hold it all together (you can see the head of the bolt in the first image of the bottom 2 images - at the left side inside the red circle). I finally drilled, tapped and installed set screws to keep it from happening. That was no big deal since the Switchblade itself has the rotation adjustment built in.

Here is a web page I did for another member who was asking about the Switchblades and which mount I used.

Footpegs Web Page

The two bottom images is what I used to explain to the guy what he would run into with the Harley 360 mounts and what was happening to mine. As far as I know he went with the Harley Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled (which does not have the rotation adjustment) and all went well.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

Brian

Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

Brian,

Which mounting hardware did you use. I guess there's offset and other option? Also did you use the adjustable passender footrest shown below. I ordered these for the rear.

thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/2333/83C43251D2D94065B9B409E4D197FF6E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

Qball...

I made the mistake and used the Harley Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - 360 Degrees mounts. From what I can tell the biggest difference between those and the Harley Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Long Angled is the 360 degrees mounts DOES have the rotating portion but again, that's where my problems came from. I went with what the dealer parts rep suggested. Had I known better I would've gone with something different. Nothing against him, I'm sure he didn't know either.

I do not have passenger foot rests since I do not ride 2-up. In fact I removed the stock passenger pads.

Brian

Old 01-03-2006, 01:11 AM
John K
Intermediate

Qball, I have the KURYAKYN Large Pegs shown in your picture. The heel rests
work great and have no complaints. Don't have any pics at this time. The Switch
Blades are nice, as suggested by Cohiba_Joe. I just preferred the look of the
larger heel rest.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Brian

Thanks for that excellent web page you set up with the pics[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Went out for a little putt before the storm blew in yesterday and I NEED a set of hi-way pegs........bad

You help make my decision on what brand to spend my coins on........

[IMG]local://upfiles/6073/CC4D42A833614704AD2F6D6AAA98FF35.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-04-2006, 02:06 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Brian,

I have been riding for over a year, and I have been looking for a set of highway pegs. I'm 6'3, and I have experienced the same thing you have described on other rides...and that is that the pegs will move because you can't get them tight enough.

I'm not sure what your final recommendation is...it would seem that you ended up jury-rigging a fix, and this seems a bit of a shame, seems that you and I cannot be the only two people in the world that have experienced this...

What is your final recommendation, which mounting kit, and which pegs...if I understand your post, you seem to recommend the Kuryaken Switchblades...but which mounting kit?

Mac

Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
rvisdew
Road Master

The Kuryakyn Swithcblades look great! Thanks for the tip ... would also be curious as to the "best" mounting hardware ...

thanks!

Old 01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

Hey Pilot.....

I'm glad those pics are doing some good. I would NOT recommend any mounts that offer the rotating angle adjustment. From looking at the Harley parts site it seems that the next best mounts that still give multiple positioning choices would be the Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit - either long or short angled. Judging from the pictures on the Harley site they do not have the rotating option but appera to have all the other adjustments. As I said in a previous post, that's no big deal because the Switchblades have that adjustment built in to them. The allen head bolt is hidden on the footpad so unless you know it's there it would be hard to see. If you look closely at the pics of the Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kits they don't have that same area, that caused the problems, as my 360 mounts do (the circled section on the bottom pic from my web page).

I have to agree that we aren't the only ones dealing with this. Those 360 degree mount would be fine for standard foot PEGS but then why would you need to rotate a round peg?? I didn't have the extreme problem with the slipping when using just the foot pads on the Switchblades. It wasn't until I would use the swing out heel supports that things would go down hill. I even tried to use a rubber cushion in the rotating section so the outer part would have some bite to the inner part - didn't work. If they had just used splines in that area it wouldv'e help a lot. So yes....I ended up drilling and installing a set screw to lock the roating device in place. All other functions are as they should be. Believe me I was very tempted to buy a different set of mounts but by this time it was personal. I wasn't going to try and return them since the inner section had broken by this time. I wasn't going to let a piece of equipment beat me. And for the record, I refer to my set screw modification as being "engineered" -

So, in final, I would strongly recommend the Kuryakyn Switchblades. I'm 6' 2" and of a larger build, they are a great design and quite comfortable. Stay AWAY from any mount that has the rotational device that allows the foot pad angle adjustment. Use the Switchblade adjustment for that. The mounts and Switchblades have so many combined adjustments I found it was easiest to set the bike on a jack where I could sit on seat and feel exactly where everything was going to be in regards to leg position, foot angles, leg extension, etc. Just don't clamp down on the main mount around the crash bar until you KNOW that's where it's going to be.

Hope this helps and I'm more than happy to answer whatever I can.

Brian

EDIT: Also check out the Kuryakyn line up of mounts. So far all the Kuryakyn stuff I've used has been top notch.
Kuryakyn Foot Peg Section

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN Large ISO-Pegs