Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corbin

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
bikenuts
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: corbin

Your Corbin seat was "custom" built for you. You select the material, color, trim,etc. The dimensions can be changed if you like, at the time you place your order. So to expect a refund isn't reasonable. The charge you were quoted is to rebuild the foam core and make a whole NEW cover, because yours can't be reused. Sounds fair to me. But it does point out the advantage of having a seat "fitted" by the maker. I went to the Corbin factory to have that done. A much better experience than "off the "rack" buying. I recognize that is not possible for everyone, but it is the best way. second choice is to take precise measurements yourself and give them to the seat maker. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mustang has a very open return policy. I ordered rider/passenger seats for my 02 Dyna thinking they would be better than the Harley seat I had. Wife and I tried them and found they were not bad seats, but no better than the Harley seat. Sent them back within a week and got a refund.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had 3 Corbin seats on 3 seperate bikes over the years. Did a lot of measuring, and asking questions before buying . I went thru a local " indy " dealer just in case I had any problems for my last Classic Solo for my E-Glide. I also got the seat for a lot less thru him than online and it worked out great for both of us. Never had a problem with Corbin, just have to make real sure you know exactly what you want / need before ordering ,but thats pretty much rule of thumb anyway .

Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I just had a crazy experience with a Corbin seat. I ordered a Classic Solo with studs, freddie stitch and a backrest with a chrome backplate through my HD dealer inorder to save 15%. What a mistake. Here's what happened.
The seat took about 5 weeks to arrive. When I opened the box it was the wrong seat. It was a Classic Solo with no studs, no stitching and no backrest. Of course the dealer swore he ordered it correctly. I was aggravated but said "ok" let's call Corbin and make it right. This was a Saturday so the dealer said not to worry he would call first thing Monday morning. When Monday came around I called the dealer in the afternoon to make sure they followed through. I was told, "no problem" it's been taken care of, they don't know what happened but the correct seat was ordered again.
At this point I was led to believe my seat would be expedited due to the screw up. About 3 weeks pass, no seat. I figure it's time to take matters into my own hands. I called the East coast rep for Corbin and asked what was going on. He said he would look into it and call me right back. Sure enough he called back in about 10 minutes and informed me that Corbin was waiting for the original seat to be returned so they could rebuild it. I was really pissed now.I would have thought that after they kept me waiting for 5 weeks they would have had some compassion and in the name of customer satisfaction, built a new seat immediatly rather than keep me waiting longer than necessary.
Here's the real kicker, the seat was still sitting in the dealers store room, it was never sent back!!!
In my opinion Corbin and the dealer are both F&^K ups!
All this to save 15%, never again. If you want something done right, do it yourself. jmho