Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iTunes MP4 burning to CD's

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:14 PM
harley51
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iTunes MP4 burning to CD's

Help.....

<<<< I tried searching and found one thread with info that I thought would help, however, I'm still unsuccessful >>>

I bought numerous songs on iTunes and have tried to burn them to a CD in order to play them on my 08' Street Glide. I did not import them from another sourceto iTunes, I actually purchased them on iTunes. I've tried creating a playlist and burning them as MP3, Data and the H/K keeps readding ERROR 1.

When I look at the songs on the CD they inidcate they are MP4, hence I guess the Harmon KArdonwon't play them. Has anyone purchased songs on iTunes ans successfully burned them to a CD?

If not, I guess my next step is to use my iPod and plug it into the H/K.

Thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: iTunes MP4 burning to CD's

You can use the iTunes program to convert MP4 files to MP3-just select the song to convert thenuse the (convert to MP3pulldown tab on the upper left) I'm not on my computer right now tocheck but click around,it's up there under one of the options.Youhave to burn your MP3 filesas a Data CD not a playable CD.You can set that in preferences under theburn CD tab.

You should be able to get about 150 songs (Almost 11 hours of music) on justone CD-The Harley Davidson HK system (2007 and up)can then play them in sequential or random order.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:02 PM
harley51
Intermediate

I tried clicking on the song in iTunes and then right click on the menu and the choice is there to "Convert Selection to MP3", however, it fails as it says "protected files cannot be converted to another format".

Sounds like a purchased iTunes song is protected from being converted to another format or copied to another media. Go figure!

Thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
gene01
Road Captain

that way you can pay it agin, sounds like Harley owns stock in Apple, they have similar philosophies.....

Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

hey mon....
Slash is right....go to iTunes and look at the iTunes help for burning MP3 CDs. The help file has step by step procedures for burning an MP3 CD.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
twilliams
Tourer

This is precisely why I don't buy music from the itunes store anymore. They do offer music for purchase that is not copy protected and can be converted to mp3 and that is called itunes plus. I dont think all music is available in itunes plus format and I also think it costs money to convert songs you already have to itunes plus (you actually re-download it). What I have done is burned the itunes music as an audio cd (you can only get 10 or 12 songs this way) then turned around and re-imported them into itunes as mp3's. this is a real pain in the a$$ and wasted lots of CD (I guess you couls call those backups) but once its done you can do whatever you like with those mp3 files.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:25 PM
harley51
Intermediate

I actually did burn a CD using theDATA format and the H/K still couldn't read the CD. I then tried to burn the iTunes purchased songs to an MP3 format and recieved an error that they cannot be converted to MP3.

I guess I will have to get an iPod bracket and a patch cord and use my iPod Nano on the bike.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM
twilliams
Tourer

When you burn a DATA CD of purchased songs you get a CD full of mp4's and you are right the HK cannot play them...matter of fact the only thing that can play a "Protected mp4" from Apple is either iTunes or an ipod.

My solution is very different. What you want to do is burn a standard audio CD from itunes, you will only get between 10~15 songs on there depending on the length. This CD should be able to be played in any standard cd player including the HK. But there is another step. You will then take that audio cd and put into your computer and re-import it, make sure in the itunes prefs that your import is set for mp3. This will import those songs back into itunes as mp3 (you will then have two, the protected mp4 and mp3 in itunes) I personally deleted the mp4's once I did this. If you have a bunch of purchased music this will take a bunch of cd's and lot of time. You can probably do it with a CD-RW and reuse it.

Does this make sense?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: harley51

I actually did burn a CD using theDATA format and the H/K still couldn't read the CD. I then tried to burn the iTunes purchased songs to an MP3 format and recieved an error that they cannot be converted to MP3.

I guess I will have to get an iPod bracket and a patch cord and use my iPod Nano on the bike.

I'm pretty sure you can now pay to downloadmost music from amazon.com and it doesn't can the same copy limitations as Apple ,another optionis to get CD's from your local library and import them into iTunes (for free) - Also note twilliams post above re:iTunes plus.

Using an iPod's ok but it's really nice(and low maintenance)toput 11 hours of music onto a 50cent CDand throw it into the HK Stereo and just leave it there with nothing to worry about.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Blacklion213
Cruiser

When you burn AAC or MP4 to MP3 using iTunes sometimes the purchased music is copy protected and can't be coverted. If you go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music and select what song you want to convert using (All Music Converter, Magic AAC to MP3 Converter, or a similar application) will take care of your needs. Also, there is a program called iGadget that will help you to migrate music, contacts, calendars, etc. from your computer to the iPod. It does a much better job than syncronize iTunes does.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25017/246A6F4CA03B4F1489750E6AFE0DDA7D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25017/0BF1FF751D2D49A48DEE943BD13C6B74.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: iTunes MP4 burning to CD's