Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is up with True Track

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is up with True Track

Tru Track id money well spend for me. A big difference in the handling of the bike.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tracktrue@netscape.net

i pinged with a question and got a reply within 8 hrs.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Road Hawg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Big Joe I appreciate the info. I will look in my service manual and check the alignment and go from there. [quote]ORIGINAL: KustomBaggers.com

ORIGINAL: Road Hawg

Big Joe, DO you have a preference on the stability controls you mentioned, also what is involved in checking the drive train alignment. I have 21k on my 07 RG and I have noticed a little morewobble in the high speed turns as i get more miles on it, I considered using the ride str8 bushings. What are your thoughts? Thanks
ORIGINAL: KustomBaggers.com
If you have the factory service manual for your RG the procedure is laid out for you in the manual. If you don't have one and wish to check the alignment I would recommend you get a copy. The procedure is pretty simple and affective. Harley does sell some special tools but they are not needed if you have a good set of tools and some mechanical ability. Basically it's a matter of making sure your rear tire is tracking on the same plane as your front. No two bikes ever track the same. The frames are too inconsistent. Proper alignment can some times cure the problem that the additional links are suppose to cure. The additional stabilizers can still be a good choice if improper alignment is your only issue.

Do the alignment before you try every cure all on the market.

Thanks
BigJoe

Old 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you want to talk to someone that gives a hoot call the guy the owns RIDE-STA8. He is very proud of his product and will do anything to make you happy.
As he should be he sells a very good product!!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed this one called the Missing Link, all I can say is WOW! Made moredifference than I thought it could, I am able to use my Rivco centerstand and it looks like a clone of an STR8 very well made and installed perfect! And Price was the best thing for me!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
bcollida
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey me again.

I just received a shipping notice from Truce-Track ( this is not atyping mistake on my part) for my order being shipped USPS with a tracking number that says its been picked up by USPS and on the way.

If that's the case, that was really quick service, AlsoI finally got through on the phone number 816-623-0697 and left a message. Ronnie called me right back and left me a message back.

So I'm pretty excited about that.

I'm thinking maybe they are having some infrastructure and/or procedural issues, ie I never received the typicalorder confirmation email, the email I sent them was returned undeliverable and sometimes their phone number gives a recording that says the number has been disconnected. These might all be problems that are not really their fault. The Truce Track Inc. is still sort of weird

Anyway I'll let you know when the part arrives. Right now I am feeling lots better

I also just noticed that paypal has their email as true-track@netscape.net when it appears their email address should be truetrack@netscape.net.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
gmjhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.k. Tell us Roofuss why not tell us,go ahead and tell us .