Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Tier Gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Tier Gas

I always use QT in my truck , I've tried everything in my bikes and they like Chevron the best .. it is also a Top Tier

Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain

true the gas at the terminal head is the same but QT adds the detergent afterwards....at least that's what an employee tells me...whether it's added after loading or notit is at the top of the list!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:09 AM
StreetglideOK
Tourer

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

the gas in your area all comes from the same terminal. there are not enough refineries in this country to custom make every brand of gasoline
It comes from the same terminal, but thats all they share in common. Each retailer that uses an additives package put in when the tanker is loaded. Chevron will be on there with their Techron. If you knew how dangerous the additives are when they are in concentrate form, being hauled to a terminal, it would scare ya. Amazing things learned when you worked the transportation industry.
As for walmart, theres a reason its cheap. Anyone remember Vickers gas? Its about the same. Straight gas, no additives. Thats why its so cheap, and thats one more reason I dont go to walmart.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:24 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

Where is Wal-Marts on the list?
or jewel

Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Amaco White if you can find it

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Booda
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only conern with Quiktrip is that they are blending their gas with ethanol now and I thought I read somewhere that the ethanol is not good for our engines, anybody know if that's true? Here's a link to an article about QT's gas from our local news station:

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story...3b&rss=701

It's a little concerning that they don't even have to tell you that their gas is blended with 10% ethanol...

Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been running 10% ethenol in everything I own for years....its almost impossible to find any that doesn't have the 10% mix around here. The percent of ethenol in gas is only going to go up given the push to find more/different renewable fuel. From what I've heard it might run a little hotter, but not much other effect. I would think that as much as HD has to design engines to meet California requirements by now they should be assuming more riders are running a blended gas. On the rare occasion that I find plain 'ol gas I will fill with it, but can't notice any difference in the "seat of the pants" performance meter.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

10% ethanol is all you can buy in most of the mid-west. It is the only fuel that goes into all my engines while at home, and it hasn't harmed a thing. Now the new e85 stuff WILL hurt your fuel system, stay away from that

Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Booda
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybeit was the E85 blend that was referred to as being problematic for our engines. I also found a few other links supporting that E10 is ok for Harleys, but it sounds like anything above 10% has yet to be tested:

http://www.aimag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=986

http://www.ncga.com/ethanol/main/your_car.htm

I can tell you that here we do have some stations that do not blend their gasoline, there are a few that actually state so on their signs. To me the E10 may be a good thing for the environment and a good thing for reducing our dependecy on foreign oil, I just don't think it'scompletely forthrightfor a gas company to tout that they are "top tier", implying a premium quality, but then does not advertise that they also blend that top tier gas with ethanol. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Top Tier Gas